Reaching your status quo for guitar collection completion - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Reaching your status quo for guitar collection completion

Have you acquired all guitars you've wanted?
How/when did you know you did (was it a list you got everything on it you wanted, was it open and mutable?)

Do you plan on trading, selling or buying to add or detract either cuz you had more than you wanted or you found what you wanted to get was enough or not good enough?

As for me, I got all the guitars I wanted , reaaaally wanted only a couple months ago, and now I don't wana get anymore really. I'd like to sell a couple actually , but nothin to crazy and my certain top 5 will never sell or trade

But the dcm100 is the only new guitar model I've wanted in so long I thought of trading/selling to get one

But after my Rg art, nothing else looks that necessary to own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:21 PM

Re: Reaching your status quo for guitar collection completion

I think I passed it quite a while back.

There are still plenty of guitars out there I'd like to try/play/own, but I have a hard time getting rid of anything, so I don't really revolve gear, and I'm running out of space!
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:30 PM

Teuffel birdfish and a hartung caligo are on my list atm.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:47 PM

I'm getting close. I have three ongoing project guitars and I'm looking to get those completed in 2015. There is one more guitar I want to get/build (custom Strat) because I don't have a guitar really like that in the arsenal and I'm actually in the process of selling one that I swore I'd NEVER part with because it was so hard to come by. But there are a few good reasons I'm parting with it and ultimately I think the new owner will enjoy it more than I am.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:55 PM

I'm done several years a go, but still buying one or two just for fun.

my ultimate guitar : Ibanez RGR 1220, done.

my must have J custom : Ibanez RG 9670, done.

my must have USA custom : Ibanez USAC predator, done.

my must have other than Ibanez : ESP M-II ctm , done.

maybe if Ibanez open custom shop for public, I'll get rid most of them above, and finally call it retirement.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Ok so then naturally it changes over time it seems, tho there's a persistent base list of must haves you start to work or or towards

For me , My list was set and had mutability def in as far as alternates, eg: I wanted the Rg art but since they're impossible to find, I had Jpm p1 as my realistic alternate, as it was based on the art by petruccis designer

Then I decided I didn't want to settle and I'd hold out after I bought a p1 briefly, it just wasn't close the the art tho similar in all features , so I also saw ebmm jp at the time and I didn't like the look but the guitar itself in playability and features was better, still I held out after year after year and when the majesty came out I had the whole15 years of versions I picked the XI 7 as my favorite but it was so amazing that when I heard the majesty was the be all end all of guitars I believed it and I took a leap of faith thanks to an impossible to turn down deal (roughly 1k for a BRAND new arctic dream ), and that's when I knew it was over.

The others I had to have but got easily was '85 Newburgh GL2T, Vigier fretless guitar , esp custom shop mIi and finally I wanted a natural finish superstrat with Beckers bright color pups and board and I got lucky paradise had one to sell

Any other guitars I got were totally curiosity buys I haven't kept or don't plan to keep

I'd still love a few j customs/signatures but nothing pressing , like I luv the dcm100 but unless I sell my '99 7620 VK and 7621 and my (silly silly 3rd 8 string , already sold other 2), no other hi end axe is in my future

Not just cuz nothing is jumping out at me really but there are literally no other guitars that can come close to matching or touching what I have, more features I could ever imagine between the majesty and gl2t, imo the single best 6 and 7 electrics ever made and I don't think they'll be topped for decades since the majesty just released a couple months ago and no one has yet to rival the steinbeger of 1985

Of course what's really more of an interest is aesthetic cuz I know I won't find a better quality guitar over my Rg art, ebmm or gl2t

But I'm curious to hear more of your specific stories, please don't spare details if your so inclined
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 07:25 PM

No not even close.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 07:55 PM

For me, the list was always changing. I'll never be able to afford most of the guitars you guys have had. Knowing that, none of the really high-end JC's or boutique guitars have ever been on my "must have" list. For a long time the '01 9670 was my dream guitar, but not really anymore.

I'm like Jax, in that, I rarely let go of any of the guitars I've picked up. This takes up a LOT of space. I'd been thinking about how badly I need to sell some of these off. I thought I could make some room, put some money in the bank, and buy 1 really nice "out of my league" guitar. The problem now is that there isn't really anything I want.......
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 09:48 PM

Not at all

I have one good guitar that actually plays nice and holds tune- my 1570

On the list-

Jem

Jem with scalloped fretboard and sustainer

Suhr GG model

Universe

And within each of those categories are 1 trillion different guitars I so desire.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 10:18 PM

I have 4 out of the 6 Jems I ever wanted but once I get these other 6 guitars my collection will be complete

Washburn Nuno N4
Dean Dimebag Darrell
Suhr GG
Jem DNA & PBK
Universe RE UVMC
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 12:49 AM

I have way more than I need... 6 good quality guitars, a project, and a decent acoustic. BUT there's still a guitar I lust for. I mean, I know I'll never own a super high-end guitar, but someday I would like to find a real nice JS1000. After that the only thing I might still keep an eye out for would be a 2007 SZ720 in translucent green with the origami inlays... the ultimate guitar for me!
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Oh yeah I bought a Washburn custom shop Nuno n7 and never started or finIshed

Love the 7 string SECutaway tho I have as much reach on my 2 main

Still think only ibby left I wanted I never got was 2027x
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I think I've reached a comfortable plateau...

I can go shopping in Ochanomizu and still find it hard to find anything I really want. I still haven't found a high end workhorse though, everything high end is always too pretty to risk actually playing
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 06:17 AM
Banned

Some two years ago, I had some spare money (and I could justify this to my wife) and thought of buying the ultimate duo : a Fender AM Deluxe Strat and a Gibson Traditional Les Paul. After hanging around some shops in Athens, Greece, I was able to find some Fenders Stat AM DLX to try out, but no Gibson LP. The LP Studios that I played felt not good. When I passed out of the Ibanez distributor and saw this Ibanez ARZ800 at 700 EUR (at a time when the fender am dlx strat used to cost about 1400 EUR and the Gibson LPs Trad about 1600 EUR). When I played the ARZ800, I knew no LP could surpass it in tone (at least in my hands). Shredding-ready, lovely tone, supreme neck heel access. So I bought it. I had some little adventure with it, as I had with my most recent Ibanez, cause the tail piece bushing was being dragged out of its place, creating a awful low E buzz, but the dealer replaced it and the new one was lovely. So i was covered in the "LP" dept. The idea of a new strat fell behind. Later I started having interest in 7-string., but still with a strat-ty attitude. I thought that I could get one, HSH that would replace my old strat, and my old two superstrats (Kramer 210, Carvin DC135). So I got the UV70p. After a short adventure fixing it (basically the neck heel which was protruding in the neck pup cavity area), I started really enjoying it. Now I feel I can put my old 3 guitars to rest, and retire them. I won't sell anything since those guitars are 20 - 30 yrs old and I have bonds with them, I just feel that the two new Ibanez's serve all purposes really good. And I gave 1600 EUR in total. Needless to say I feel a lot happier with them than if I had paid 3000 EUR total for a fender and a gibson.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 10:59 AM

Reviews: 4

I still need a UVMC, an LNG, and a PMC. Also that one perfect 80's hair metal guitar with custom graphic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode