really dumb question? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

really dumb question?

what is the difference between the edge pro and the edgeII trems on my guitar it should have a edge II but all the pics i see of the edge pro look just like it so whats the difference between them so i know for sure whats what
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 06:51 PM

Reviews: 18
Re: really dumb question?

Do you mean Edge Pro II? They are similar bridges. The Edge Pro II was used on the cheaper Ibanez models, but was soon replaced by the Edge III. The Edge Pro was used on high-end Ibanez models, like Prestige models and Jems. The Edge Pro is also a higher quality tremolo. I'm sure there are other differences, but I wouldn't know as I've only played on each tremolo once or twice for short periods of time.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

ya the edge pro II
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 07:35 PM

Reviews: 11

the edge pro II is probably cheaper metals, not as high of build quality and probably not as stable. however, it is directly replaceable with the edge pro (i think?)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 PM

Reviews: 120

Yeah, its almost identical to an Edge Pro. You can drop an Edge Pro in an Edge Pro II and Edge III cavity.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

so the edge pro and the edge pro II look pretty much alike just one is not made as good trying to decide weather or not to go with a edge pro or a Floyd Rose Pro from my understanding that will drop right in a edge pro and edge pro II route with out any mods
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosejr View Post
so the edge pro and the edge pro II look pretty much alike just one is not made as good trying to decide weather or not to go with a edge pro or a Floyd Rose Pro from my understanding that will drop right in a edge pro and edge pro II route with out any mods
If you were going to use the (Schaller) OFR I would back that up 100%, but If your set on either the FR Pro or an Edge Pro- I'd definitely go with the EP!!! WAY to many complaints on the net about FRP edge's being too soft and going bad quickly. It sounds a lot like a Lo-TRS II to me.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 PM

floyd rose pro, from what i read here, its NOT a direct drop in so mods will be needed.

edge pro, obviously, IS a direct drop in and kicks the floyds ass anyway and its not that much more expensive

seems obvious to me dude!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 PM

Reviews: 2

lol.... it looked like we planned that!!! LMAO
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:59 PM

wow, that was a really close post time. but yea, edge pro dude, youll be happy. for en extra $25 you can get the locking stud mod. you can buy it all from rich at the same time
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBZRG1527prestige View Post
wow, that was a really close post time. but yea, edge pro dude, youll be happy. for en extra $25 you can get the locking stud mod. you can buy it all from rich at the same time
whats the locking stud mod ?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 11:14 PM

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosejr View Post
whats the locking stud mod ?
name says it all. trem posts (studs) that lock into the body. you put in a post and it would normally move around a bit which bridge down the tuning stability. but a locking stud stops that from happening and keeps it stationary which heavily increases tuning stability
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Yeah, its almost identical to an Edge Pro. You can drop an Edge Pro in an Edge Pro II and Edge III cavity.
Can you drop an edge iii into an edge pro II?

Tags
edge pro edgeii trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode