reasonable price on J- Custom RG8670 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

reasonable price on J- Custom RG8670

It seems like many of you have purchased instruments from oversea dealers such Ishibashi and Ikebe. How much did you guys usually pay for the top of the line J custom models? I am thinking about getting RG8670.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 06:31 PM

I haven´t purchased from Japan yet, but especially Ishibashi-music seems to have a great reputation.
Their actual price is 176.000 YEN for the RG8670. Assuming that you live in the United States, you´d have to add 14.000 YEN for shipping and insurance. So, a total of 190.000 YEN which are 1750,- US Dollars right now. AND: you also might have to pay taxes or customs. As far as I know, Americans are supposed to pay those taxes, but my impression is that not many people actually get charged. But I can´t tell you for sure (I guess noone really can!).

I´ve also wanted to buy a guitar from Japan and my impression was that there is no to a very little difference in price. I am quite sure that Ishi and Ikebe will have almost exactly the same price.
Koichi offers special prices for students, but no other offers are made as far as I know, so the price I mentioned is quite sure what you´d have to calculate with.

Oh, and as I wanted to order a RG8527, Koichi told me that they will only order J-Customs upon reguest and building the guitar will take 3 months! Some weeks ago, another Jemsite member said that he even had to wait almost 6 months for his RG8527! Too long in my opinion; remember, you have to pay beforehand!

I hope I could help you a little
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 10:29 PM

Hello,
I waited about 4 months for my rg8670. I didn't pay the full amount beforehand (192000 JPY), but I did pay about $140 for the down payment. No tax/custom fee was charged by the post office.
Hope this helps.
Aril
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 11:07 PM

I emailed Ishibashi recently and they gave me the price that was mentioned above.My calculations came out to close to $1750.00. However, that model is not in stock and if you place an order for it, it wont be filled until 2004 sometime.So you will probably wait 1 or 2 months to get it.Perhaps more.

Ishibashi is the best place to go that I know of. I ordered the 970xl I have from those guys and everything went great.Except for the crap hard shell case that Ibanez sticks those guys with.

Rich has a 970xl in stock at Ibanez rules in flat black wit hwhite binding if you are into that.It's a excellent guitar if you are into 27" scale length. His price is ver good too.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 04:04 PM

You guys mind sharing what email address you're using to contact Ishibashi? I sent them an email over two weeks ago with no reply yet.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 04:45 PM

Try this one:

[email protected]

Always worked for me
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 07:32 AM

Same thing her, i had to wait three month for my 8670

Tags
custom models

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode