Recommend a 6 string - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
Recommend a 6 string

Title: Need to look for a new guitar after having bad experience with Musicians Enemy

Hello

I am looking for a 6 string guitar and I am on a budget of $600 maximum

It has to be fixed bridge, 25.5 scale neck, 24 frets, 2 HumBuckers or H-S-H

The guitar has to versatile as in getting nice cleans and really hot distortions

I was going to get the Schecter Hellraiser but Musicians Enemy said there was a backlog of up to 2-4 weeks and I got an email saying its going to be an additional 30 days so I canceled it

I am an Ibanez user but a recommendation for other brands is ok, its just hard to know where to put the thread as any guitar brand I am open to

Heres the story about Musicians Enemy
Firstly I ordered a schecter hellraiser black cherry 6 string back on 5th January
I recieved the guitar about two weeks afterwards to find out that they sent me the black one, it had really bad fretwork and there were bits on the headstock and body that were unfinished (I was thinking are they trying to rip me off)
Anyways I ring them up explaining the problem and I have to post it back to them, I had to walk my arse to USPS with a ****ing guitar box halfway across hollywood and they charge me 90 dollars, I complain to both USPS and Musicians Enemy(I got refunded me the postage charges) after a **** load of complaining
They then said they could ship out the right guitar to me in a week and thus leading to the 2-4weeks problem and once the 4 weeks were up another 30 days on top of that so I would not have the guitar that I ordered in the beginning of January until early April

I was thinking if they done their job right I wouldn't be in this situation

End of story
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:17 PM

Re: Recommend a 6 string

hey i used to work for that particular order store, and stuff like this was very common. the problems really seemed to stem from the warehouse being in kansas city and the call center in utah, also the hq is in oregon. I got calls all the time about shotty guitar finishes and problems like that, i'd do what i could but the problems where never really resolved the way they should be. that's one of the reasons i left the company.

some advice i've learned working there, never buy a guitar sight unseen, ALWAYS play it before buying it!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:20 PM

I was going to mention the schecter...:/
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking about getting the hellraiser but the price went up to 699.99

But I am looking at some esps and Ibanez fixed bridge guitars I love the pointed headstock on the esps but their fixed bridge guitar look like their missing a floyd rose lol

But I have always liked ibanez and may go for them again

I want a shred guitar style with fixed bridge and I cant make up my mind after the schecter and if I was to get the schecter i have to wait a month or so

I am quite pissed off as I have a 7 string and I cant play dropped tuned songs
I know I have the lower notes but its not the same if you have to gallop on the D note and do some demonic fills
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 01:08 AM

get a used carvin dc models
they are exceptional guitars used go cheap

other than that, you can can get any decent use 1000 dollar or more guitar for 600 or less whatever, but you pay for what u get

go warmoth for everything you like, and reuse ur hardware???

i liek warmoth most exceptional stuff i say
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

I'd definitely consider getting a decent 2nd hand guitar but I still don't know what to look for as in brand or model

I think I might try and get a used Ibanez PGM or something as none of the other brands are doing it for me
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 AM

i say look at the rgt42dxfx. it's $699 new, but if you go into GC with $600 cash, i am pretty confident you would walk out with one or get them to order it in full.

rich
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter...20-i1147999.gc

in guitar center it says they wont have it till December

so Im guessing I would have waited I'd be waiting for nothing

I was thinking of getting the hellraiser until I say the arrival date

Any alternatives to the hellraiser?
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
i say look at the rgt42dxfx. it's $699 new, but if you go into GC with $600 cash, i am pretty confident you would walk out with one or get them to order it in full.

rich
He's in Ireland, so that's not a possibility.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
He's in Ireland, so that's not a possibility.
ick....i guess we in the states do take a few certain things for granted. well, we don't get j-customs as production models.

rich
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 11:51 AM

Well, Ireland is pretty damn nice I've been there a lot and my wife is from Roscommon, but it is easier to get guitars here, certainly.

One of those Carvin kits might do the trick, if you don't have to have a neck through guitar. You save a bit of cash by putting the parts together yourself, but it should come under your budget with a bit of room to spare.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Well, Ireland is pretty damn nice I've been there a lot and my wife is from Roscommon, but it is easier to get guitars here, certainly.

One of those Carvin kits might do the trick, if you don't have to have a neck through guitar. You save a bit of cash by putting the parts together yourself, but it should come under your budget with a bit of room to spare.
Im in LA now studying at MI and I hate being away from home but I am learning what I couldnt learn back home or meet grea guitarist such as Paul Gilbert, Mattias Eklundh, Guthrie Govan, Kiko Loureiro and soon to meet Scott Ian from Anthrax

I am usually a 7 string player but I need a fixed brigde guitar for tuning to different tunings

I was thinking of getting a second hand PGM or ESP

Still open to ideas but for the PGM I have to wait for a good opportunity
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 PM

Go to one of the Carvin stores while you're out there, not only are the guitars reasonably priced, they also mark down stock that's sat around as while in the stores. You could get something even cheaper than you'd get it online.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

I checked out some carvins but im not into their rounded bodies and I dont really like the carvins that I played

Its weird as I know they are good guitars but when I play it I dont feel comfortable playing them
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

I am gonna save for a PGM 10th or 90th

I am having a hard time finding any at the moment

But they are perfect to what I am looking for

I dont think I'll get the hellraiser as I was rethinking on getting that

I think its safe for me to stay with Ibanez than any other brand

Tags
custom jackson , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , floyd rose , guthrie govan , ibanez pgm , ibanez rgt , kiko loureiro , paul gilbert , production model , scott ian , string guitars , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode