Refretting - how much does it cost? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Refretting - how much does it cost?

How much does it cost to refret a guitar. I was looking to go from 6105 wire to 6100, does anyone have a rough idea as to what this may cost or a website where I could find info. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 06:42 PM

Reviews: 1
Refretting

I did the exact same thing you are talking about and was glad I did, The cost was about 250 per neck, but that included scalloping the last 4 frets. I had Ed fro Custom guitar wares do it, he does good work !

You may want to send him the whole guitar however, I had to have a fret level done when I assembled the necks to their respective guitar bodies to get the action right.

Bammbamm
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 04:37 AM

Refretting

Bamm's about right on, here in houston they go from around 165-200. add 50-65 for a full scallop.
If you can *and want to, my pal, Ron Pace, Pace Guitars does them very well!! He recently fretted my custom 27 fret guitar and scalloped the last 9 frets. he is the best in Houston and probable all of Texas. if you havent heard of him, he was the main luthier for Robin guitars (located in houston) for the last 15 years. he started his own company a few years ago. Drop me a line and i can get you in contact w/him if interested.

scott

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitar wares , fret guitar , fret level

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode