Rent to own??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Rent to own???

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes....

EXTREME long shot here, but do any of you know any businesses that do rent to own--long distance or locally? I'm in the Seattle area in Washington State.

Here is why I ask: I am needing to sell my 7-string to help finance some last minute unforseen expenses for our tour, but it would still be cool to actually have a 7-string to play since there are at least 3 songs in our set that require one!! I could afford a monthly payment, but a credit card isn't really an option right now. I have great credit, just bought a $300,000 home, but that is part of the problem!!!

My amp is on a rent-to-own through a local business, but they don't carry 7-string guitars. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Ever feel like you are stuck behind the eight ball? I feel like I'm baring my soul, but I guess that is what "clubs" are for, right? Anyway, any USEFUL advice or names of businesses that might do rent to own would be greatly appreciated. Please, no heckling or rude comments as that wouldn' really be constructive. Thanks for reading....

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 07:00 PM

Rent to own is usually a terrible deal financially. There are a ton of very servicable used 7 strings on the market all the time and they sell for peanuts. They may not be exactly what you want, but for 3 songs they'd do the job. Hopefully, you can come up with $350, if so, you'll be way ahead and you'll be able to get all your money out of it when the tour is done.

Tags
string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode