Replacement Rg neck - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
al.

Replacement Rg neck

alrighty, lookin for a replacement neck for a lefty rg1570 would like to hear what u people have to say about getting one...

heres the guitar in guestion... Rg1570L from '03

heres the damage

neck idea

Something like the necks above...

the neck is a bit damaged on the back, its looked after very well but i think there was a defect in the neck or something and sweat has gotten the better of it and kinda ruined it.. + i hate the jumbo frets, the fretwire is dull big and flat and seem spaced far apart or something, i much prefare the feel of a lp or strats frets, i like a small, tall, thin pointy fret

id love a new new 3 or 5 piece neck with a red vine inlay on a maple fingerboard for it, i reckon the red inlay would look sweet on the maple, and maybe even have a black vine with just red leaves, it would complement the guitar and look great, the red inlay on rosewood wouldnt be as nice i think and the red might not be as clear... i always loved the look of the Bfp's maple neck with coloured vine...

anyways ive been lookin around and sites and luthiers and no idea which place to get one, im pretty sure ill get one online, since the euro is pretty good against the usd and it would cost an arm and a leg to get a neck here....

but not sure which to go with and which ones taking orders at the moment, and will be made in a reasonable timeline with good workmanship and a nice cost etc... ive done a search and reading some other posts but wonder what luthiers people have used recently and would recomend for replacment necks, pros and cons and all that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
al.

Re: Replacement Rg neck

c'mon someones goteen a neck or somethin they wana talk about, someones got some insight to my situation
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:27 PM

Send the neck to Jaden in the UK, have him sand the back of the neck down to get rid of those spots and then re-clear it, have him pop the old board off and put a all maple (preferably birds eye) vine one with smaller frets. Its as easy as that.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
al.

is Jaden a member here or a luthier shop or what =/

+ the spots are like little dints in there too maybe 2-3mm into the neck itself, the neck is thin enough as is, so i was just gona get a new neck altogether, but dont know where!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 08:24 AM

Yeah Jaden rose is in oxford i think, there is a banner at the top of this page which will take you to his site. He can build you a complete neck to your spec, drop him an email and he'll do you a quote. i've not seen his work in the flesh but i'm deffinately sending my neck to him for a bit of work in the future, i've heard nothing but good things about his work.

Tags
jaden rose , rg replacment neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode