Reverend Kingbolt RA Gold Burst - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Reverend Kingbolt RA Gold Burst

Hey everyone - been a little slow to post lately.

We added a couple of cool Ibby's to the "house" collection this year. I found a cool RT452 12 string near mint & mislabeled at GC, stole it, and I traded an artist I work with in Germany for his 8.5/10 RG770DXvm. Sweet guitar - I'd pop it in the Gallery here but it doesn't seem to want to take photos from me anymore. I'll get a NGD going...

We've been busy here with all the new model happenings. Here's the new Kingbolt RA in Gold Burst - Korina body, Wilkinson Trem, Railhammer Anvil (bridge) and Hyper Vintage (neck) pickups, and our new Six Bolt neck joint. Set up & ready to go, it streets around $949.. We seem to have struck a weird niche/nerve with this one. All variations are moving.

Jemsite opinions always welcome...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Reverend Kingbolt RA Gold Burst

Looks like the Wolfgang's hot little sister

I feel kinda 'wrong' saying that, on so many levels!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 PM

You're just going to keep on until I can't help but buy a Rev aren't you? You guys are doing some really, really cool stuff over there. I really dig the finish on this one.

Just curious, but what's the science/logic behind the neck bolt config change?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 09:09 PM

i like it. I like how the 3 chrome knobs match the pickup poles. The Volcano is still my fave though : )
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Looks like the Wolfgang's hot little sister
He has a hot little sister?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
You're just going to keep on until I can't help but buy a Rev aren't you? You guys are doing some really, really cool stuff over there. I really dig the finish on this one.

Just curious, but what's the science/logic behind the neck bolt config change?
We started doing a sig model for Pete Anderson last year called the Eastsider - basically a hot-rodded Korina Tele. He wanted us to do a nod to the eighties slanted-in style neck joint, which as you guys know I was already a fan of. Joe Naylor wanted to go to the six-bolt for more stability - and had the idea of adding to pickguard screws to the middle of the plate so it doesn't flop around should the neck be removed. We liked the results, so we started using it across the line.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 09:44 AM

actually a really great idea. plus you don't have to try and remember where you set the neck plate. : )

Tags
kingbolt , korina , railhammer , reverend , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in