Reverse Prestige headstock RG's anyone? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Re: Reverse Prestige headstock RG's anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
thank you for you kind words.

just want to add one more thing ( If I'm not asking too much) : I only interested in RG3XXX prestige level, since it's the only level that has 17mm wizard neck today.
and if.... it did not against their any rule, the 98-99 super wizard neck spec is the best for it.
yeah...we can only hope.

but I sincerely thank you for your effort bringing this up to the PIC at Hoshino gakki.
I feel the same way. My 540Pii has the same neck and it's magnificent. I would ask for that neck for sure. I actually mentioned to him yesterday about how amazing that neck is. All I can tell you is that I'll do my VERY BEST!!! It's in the best interest for many of us.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 AM

1 Flame

2 Both

3 H/S

4 Slime green and Coca cola

5 Both
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM

If it were available in a blue flame maple/maple fingerboard/off-set fret markers/H+H p-up
configuration/no binding.
And a reverse headstock 7 string...?
You bet!!
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM

1. Flame
2. 7 string
3. n/a
4. Clear, transparent color, or natural oil
5. Maple

I'm in Scottsdale, AZ

Last edited by webmaestro; 04-19-2013 at 05:30 PM.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 AM

Would I buy a reverse headstock prestige?

Yes, without a doubt. I don't care about configs as long as it's reversed. But then a solid black HH would be nice for sure.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.A. View Post
But then a solid black HH would be nice for sure.
so, only two of us in favor for solid black here.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
so, only two of us in favor for solid black here.
Problem is, the OP gave only two options for the top: Flame or Quilt maple. To me, highly-figured tops = transparent or natural finishes.

Now, on the other hand, if he'd included non-figured options... e.g. "just maple"... I would've assumed solid colors were on the table as well. Personally, I love black guitars... especially matte/flat black finishes like on the RGD's.

However, I'd never put a solid finish over a flame or quilt top.

Last edited by webmaestro; 04-18-2013 at 11:23 AM.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 05:59 PM

1. Quilt
2. 7
3. Spaced
4. Trans Blue/Natural Sunburst
5. Rosewood.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 AM

Absolutely, hells yes to the original question of reverse headstock, 2 humbuckers, 5 way switch, one volume one tone.

as for the other list:

1. Flame or Quilt top? Neither, I think both are generally quite tacky.
2. Would you buy a 6 string, 7 string or both? 7 string, multiple, if it were a plain color finish and not flame/quilt top.
3. On a 6 string version, would you prefer a Humbucker with Single spaced pick up in the neck or the standard Twin Humbuckers? question not applicable to me.
4. Colour? I'm leaving this kind of open. Of course they will all be transparent. Please keep it kind of basic like, Red, Blue, Purple, Green, Orange, etc. Feel free to post photo/photoshop colour ideas. If the bodies were say mahogany, I think a semi-transparent dark red would look evil as ****. That or your basic black, red, and white options would be enough for me to jump on board.
5. If you did have the choice, Maple or Rosewood fingerboard? Both, but all of my current guitars have rosewood fingerboards, so I'd lean more towards that.

I'm in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

1. Flame or Quilt top? No thanks, they’ve been done to death now. Solid finishes or something more adventurous is where I think Ibanez should be focusing.

2. Would you buy a 6 string, 7 string or both? I’d be interested in both.

3. On a 6 string version, would you prefer a Humbucker with Single spaced pick up in the neck or the standard Twin Humbuckers? Standard on an Ibanez is HSH, that’s what I’d be looking for.

4. Colour? I'm leaving this kind of open. Of course they will all be transparent. Please keep it kind of basic like, Red, Blue, Purple, Green, Orange, etc. Feel free to post photo/photoshop colour ideas. Swirled, graphic, racing stripes, or solid colours. I’d prefer solid gloss black to a lot of the flame maple finishes we see today. When I see “reverse headstock” I think “metal” and black is the right colour for a metal guitar.

5. If you did have the choice, Maple or Rosewood fingerboard? It would depend on the colour of the guitar.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Guys, this is great. It's very cool to know that some like a Trans Top & some like a Painted Top. Well should they go ahead and do this, the conversation we had is that Hoshino may well just do a short run of 50 to 100 world wide as a test run. I still can't believe that they would be skeptical about the popularity of Reverse Headstocks, but whether its that or a manufacturing issue, this will hopefully help to convince them at last.

As a progress update, I can tell you all that he has replied to me and is looking forward to the results.

Oh, and about the Painted Tops it's an interesting fact. In my eyes, I thought Guitarists who'd want to buy exclusive instruments like this would prefer the class of nice Trans Tops to standard paint.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 02:52 PM

My absolute preference would be a reverse headstock 7, no inlays (or very small dots on the very edge), straight black gloss finish with a white/cream/abalone binding, two humbuckers, single volume, single tone, 5 way switch.

I should've also mentioned that I would be more interested in a hardtail option.

Last edited by jwade; 04-19-2013 at 03:06 PM.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM

Reviews: 1

1. RG shape, Quilt maple top, mahogany body, and cosmo hardware.
2. 7 string with "edge 7" not lo-pro not edge pro no edge zero, ONLY EDGE 7 in cosmo.
3. H-S (if S is a hum, blaze single is not a hum and will be noisy) or else H-H. 1 vol, 1 tone.
4. Blue-violetish see through
5. Rosewood or ebony, with offset dots and blackmore scalloped fretboard, 17" radius, 24 fret.
Am I asking too much?
Location Norway.

Last edited by tony777; 04-19-2013 at 03:34 PM.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 03:11 PM

1.quilt, alder
2.6 string prestige and do a 7 string reverse iron label!
3.H-S direct mount
4.burst colors (see warmoth colors) no black edges see thru
5.rosewood, ebony or maple! No inlays
Thanks Jason for talking to Hoshino!
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 04:44 PM

1. Flame or quilt top - Flamed with different colors, not just VV
2. 6 or 7 - Both, I'd take either
3. config - On both a 6 and 7 I'd sure love an H/S config but H/H will suffice.
4. Color - If solid, anything but black, depends a lot on the fretboard choice.
5. Fretboard - ebony as first choice, then maple. Just make the dots abalone offset.

FWIW, love the reverse headstocks and I too would like to see more of them, just quit painting them black all the time. I would also request to bring back the lo-pro. I know that won't happen but I've gotta throw it out there. More super wizzard profile'd necks, and direct mount pickups.... No more pickup rings.

Tags
flame maple , reverse headstock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode