RG 2027 HYPED UP??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
RG 2027 HYPED UP???

Hey!

Just had to start this topic.

Do you guys think the RG 2027X is hyped up?

btw, I love both of mine though.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 10:37 AM

i think the 2027 is one of the best guitars Ibanez ever made.... although the pickups could be better, but once replaced for the ones that fits your taste, nothing can beat it, i believe.....

uhm, yes, i owe one too... ;-) its my main axe... :-)
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 03:00 PM

I can't agree more. My 2027 is my main player for gigging and it's a rock solid guitar. I have a TZ7 in the bridge and left the stock pup in the neck as it sounds fine there.

Here's a question:

I use D'Addario XL120's 9-42. What size low B do you use?

I had been using a .056 and went to a .060 the other day and it makes a huge difference.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

RG 2027 HYPED UP???

Hey!

My 2 2027's are in different tunigs, not very exciting, but low A, and low B, standard tunings.

string gauges on the low B is 09-46 with a 059 on the B string.
On the A tunig, I use 10-52, with a 066 on low A.
I have tried earlier with a 074 on the A, this was perfectly intonated and didn't make too much bow-wow- out of tune before stabilize, but it was too thick to carry a great tone, so I did a compromise and put a 066 at the 7 string. I have yet to try something in between, but the time will come soon.
Anyone tried a 070??

Pickups FYI: blaze/blaze on B tuning, blaze/air notron 7 on A tuning.
No reason for the choice, I just happen like both of them.

Still anyone thinking these guitars are a hype???
(which is the topic here)

regards
Tony
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 07:05 PM

I doubt you'll find anyone here who has one that doesn't love it. I love mine. Too much so to the point that I'm afraid to gig with it
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 07:31 PM

Tony, my fjord-sailing, cheese-slicing, goatcheese-eating norwegian compadre.... why post such a topic? are there organisms that have anything against the 2027?

love the heck outta mine, just wish someone would sell me some pups to replace the stocks...

since it's a post about the hype, does anyone has anything against the piezo's?

....I don't....
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 08:16 AM

i love the piezo's.... that, together with the 7th string caught my attention, such a versatile combination.... :-)
i own an S2120XAV as well, with piezo, which has more tone control possibilities, that can make it sounds even better!!! :-)

try it with a nice reverb and stereo chorus....!!! :-)
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by straymond
Tony, my fjord-sailing, cheese-slicing, goatcheese-eating norwegian compadre.... why post such a topic? are there organisms that have anything against the 2027?
Against anything????? No..... not that I know, but it just crossed my mind, if there was someone who had a different opinion than me, or if there were something else on the market that I didn't know about.........
but it actually doesn't seem so.

No offense, I love both my 2027's

BTW
Be patient about pickups, and check ebay all the time, there is enough pickups there if you need some, and......yes, the stocks sucks.
And if you want to replace them with, for instance Blaze/ or Air Norton7, you might have to dig a bit out of the pickup cavity, for the wire, since ibanez left it fairly undeep (in lack of the english term)

I've bought all my 7 string pickups set on ebay.
never been screwed.

regards
Tony
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 12:32 PM

Re: RG 2027 HYPED UP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony777
Anyone tried a 070??
I don't have a 2027, but i do string my Dean EVO Special 7 with .011 to .070 GHS Boomers, in drop-A tuning.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 06:02 AM

Another happy rg2027 owner (and RG2020 too) here! Great axe, this Ibanez has TONE, despite of many other Ibanez guitars!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 10:46 PM

Love mine too - very versatile axe. I swapped out the pups for a Duncan JB and a Jazz in the neck.

Nothing hyped at all about the tones, build, and sheer beauty of this model.

Randy
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 08:18 AM

Well I donīt have a RG 2027, but I have 2 RG7CSTīs (I will sell one of them in the next couple of weeks, just check out the ads here on jemsite...) and I think they are very close to the 2027. And I must say that there ist absolutely NO point or issue on this guitar that I donīt like!
On the contrary, the build quality is one of the best Iīve ever seen and I think with 7 strings, the piezos and the KJG-wiring, these guitars are the most versatile guitars Ibanez has made so far! So I would not say that there is a hype or something like that. However, guitars are a matter of taste, so...

Btw, one thing I had to learn is that the piezos donīt sound that good through a normal guitar amp and I believe they are not supposed to. They sound a lot better when played through a PA or so...
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 11:14 AM

Well, i've never tried one but its basically a mahogany seven string with a piezo right? Now what wonders me:
Lots of people dislike the k7 because mahogany is to muddy for a seven string guitar, but everybody seems to love the 2027. Wich (as far as my knowledge goes) is the same as the k7 but with an added piezo system wich is of course a fantastic futere... But i just don't understand.

Now who is gonna convince me that the rg 2027 is just the best ibanez 7 string ever built. And yes i do agree that it looks very classy...
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennartengel
Lots of people dislike the k7 because mahogany is to muddy for a seven string guitar, but everybody seems to love the 2027.
Maybe the reason of this is the PAF Pro pickups that the K7 has in stock. Lots of people keep saying that to prevent muddiness on a mahogany-bodied 7-strings guitar a mid-scooped pickup is needed.
I have no experince on this, because my rg2027 has stock pickups in it
*going earning some cash to buy new DiMarzios*
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 04:50 PM

Buy 'em because A DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge makes a world of difference on the 2027 IMO.

Tags
air norton , blaze neck , bridge pickup , bridge position , dean evo , dean evo special , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , ibanez guitars , magnetic pickups , neck position , paf pro , paf pro pickups , pickup cavity , piezo system , pro pickups , string gauges , string pickup , string pickups , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode