RG 2570 EVSL Prestige - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

RG 2570 EVSL Prestige

OK i just bought one of these RG 2570 EVSL Prestige.
Arriving hopefully tommorow. It is my first Ibanez. Im just wondering what other users/owners think of it. I know it is a metal based guitar but im wondering what its like when clean?

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:41 AM

Re: RG 2570 EVSL Prestige

I've played one before, and IMHO the cleans are quite good. The neck and single coil cleans are good, though the bridge pickup is a little harsh for my taste. It might be different for you, but if you're not a fan of the IBZ's cleans then all you need to do is replace the pickup(s).
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

OK i see.
When i was researching about it, lots of people recommended that i go for the one with DiMarzios... which is what i got. Is it really that much of a diffierence between the standard IBZs.?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:50 AM

It depends, do you like the Dimarzio/IBZ's found in the 2570? I'd still get the 2570 because of it's cool textured finish, neck binding, and mirror sharktooth inlays. Though the 1570 does have that cool Mirage finish.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
It depends, do you like the Dimarzio/IBZ's found in the 2570? I'd still get the 2570 because of it's cool textured finish, neck binding, and mirror sharktooth inlays. Though the 1570 does have that cool Mirage finish.
haha i dont know if i like them or not. i dont have the guitar yet. tommorow im hoping to pick it up. i never even seen the guitar in person yet. i just decided ill go with Ibanez this time and that the one i picked LOL
i know it sounds dumb that i bought a guitar i never played before but oh well... i was pretty desparate for one
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektroman
haha i dont know if i like them or not. i dont have the guitar yet. tommorow im hoping to pick it up. i never even seen the guitar in person yet. i just decided ill go with Ibanez this time and that the one i picked LOL
i know it sounds dumb that i bought a guitar i never played before but oh well... i was pretty desparate for one
with online shopping being such a big way to go nowadays for most of the buying public, it's not dumb to get a guitar before you have the chance to try it out. it's really hard to try out every single type of guitar at a local shop or even at most of the bigger music stores.
my 7VWH is the first jem i had ever seen hanging in any of the stores in Gainesville, FL (where i currently live) since i have lived here the past 6yrs. i bought my custom, my 7VWH and my 777VBK before i played any of them. i know from being an Ibanez snob that it wasn't really a leap of faith as i am familiar with their quality and features from owning lots of RGs and other models growing up.
i love the textured finish on the 2570. i was hoping they would put out a couple different colors this year from the NAMM show .i saw a black textured version on the Japan Ibanez website. do to the fact that i rarely use the mid single pup i would like the 2550 with the smoked pickguard so i could get a new pickguard without the mid single but the neck on the 2570 far outweighs that choice for me. i love the sharkfins and the vital silver looks very cool.
let us know how you like it.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektroman
OK i just bought one of these RG 2570 EVSL Prestige.
Arriving hopefully tommorow. It is my first Ibanez. Im just wondering what other users/owners think of it. I know it is a metal based guitar but im wondering what its like when clean?

cheers
congratz on the new guitar !!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys
I will definately take and post some pics once it arrives. Which i really hope is today. I should also mention how hard it was to get one of these. I virtually spoke to every guitar shop i could find a phone number of in Australia. For about 2 weeks i rang and emailed around without hope. Some said its not being shipped here anymore and some say it was coming in april. And then one day a get a phone call from a guy at one of the stores saying Ibanez has one left in the country available to ship! So without hesitation i got it And mind you with an ultra low price too.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Well since it didnt arrive yesterday and it is a public holiday here in Australia today, im really really hoping it will arrive tommorow so i can pick it up just in time for the weekend
Also seeing this guy play it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79506&q=ibanez

makes me want it more... hahaa

Last edited by Elektroman; 01-26-2006 at 03:58 AM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:04 PM

..that video made you want to play it more?....me too, if only to play Kickstart properly!...just a lil dig...I've played the 2570 for a couple hours while waiting for my 2550 to ship (I waited over 2 months, WELL worth it!)...I wasn't a huge fan of the textured silver paint, but that neck with the inlays is simply AMAZING...if the 2550 only had those fins! The two sound identical, in my opinion. The silver one is still in the store here, and I'm waiting for the lack of interest to really convince the guys there to let me have it for less!...I'd love to own it, at the right price.

You'll love it, I guarantee!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Smile Re: RG 2570 EVSL Prestige

WOOHOO I GOT IT!
just got home and brought it with me after picking it up. im about to take some photos of it and post it... and yes the photos just dont justify how good the textured finish and colour really is...
photos later on
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 03:12 AM

Nice, congratz.

How does it sound/play for you? Does it meet your expectations?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 03:55 AM Thread Starter

OK well after about 10 minutes of playing around with it... here is my first little opinion about it...

my expectations have been been greatly! and more...

One of the first things i noticed is the sheer clarity of the sound. While playing clean for instance on a Roland Jazz Chorus it simply sounds incredible. But when i switch to, say, my BOSS mt-2 pedal is when this baby unleashes hell! Licks and short solos that i attempted on my other 3 guitars as well as a few others, (and failed miserably) simply flow out on this guitar like there is no tommorow. I am a little bit dissapointed in the Bridge pickup. Sounds kinda... hmmmm washed out?

As for the physical things of it... I am so amazed at how good the texture is on it. I really like it. And as i said earlier the pictures do not show justice on it. You really gotta see it and feel it in person to see how good it is. Apart from that is very light. I expected it to be more heavy. BUt then again it is my first Ibanez ever so they must be all like that Sharktooth inlays are awesome too.

As it did arrive kind of in tune. I do however feel that it does need a setup. Which i will leave to my guitar tech, on Monday.

10/10 for me so far..
And i really gotta give em lots of credit for the case, teh case absolutely rocks!

Now i just have a question... There is tags, stickers, paperwork, etc... that say custom built by Team J. Craft. Is this normal for all Prestige models?

There is also a funny metallic looking tag that says something in japanese, and then in english it says custom edition built #08 / #15

??
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 03:53 PM

Congrats on the Rg dude! I have the 2570ex vsl and love the damn thing. Plays and sounds great. I opted to upgrade my pu's though. Breed in the neck and Evo in the bridge. Not sure what all the tags and numbers mean that your talking about.

Tags
bridge pickup , guitar shop , guitar tech , music store , neck binding , roland jazz chorus , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode