The RG-350 Experiment(s) - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:33 AM
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,274
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Who's shocked by this post? The guy asks for input then gets upset when he doesnt like the input. Go ahead, if you want to throw money away trying to make three lesser quality guitar's something they arent then do it, but dont ask for input then btch about it when it isn't supporting you.
I'm not shocked at all by this. This is the same schmuck who started a thread to show what a gear god he/she was by dissing someone else's MIM Strat, and then deleted his posts when he didn't get any support from others on the board.
Ibateur is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:47 AM
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,274
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
Well if you've ever tried posting an opinion here on jemsite without specifically stating it as "MY OPINION" you'd know why everyone does that man, haha. I guarantee you if i didnt write that in my post I'd get a million posts like "have you ever EVEN TRIED a jem man????"; "you mean to say there are high quality guitars besides jems?"; "jems are made by steve vai's carpet lint as he sleeps they cant be beat!!!"'...etc etc, and some people are bound to say something like "oh you cant afford a jem so thats why you say stuff like that" despite the fact that I have two guitars that each cost as much as a used JEM. There are people everywhere willing and jumping at the opportunity to misinterpret what you said and start some crap. As fun and informative as forums are that's the one thing i've always hated. No matter how innocently or literally you say something theres always a few people who are gonna take offense if you dont specifically point out that this is just in YOUR opinion. I guess because people see others disagree with their opinion and if it looks like it might possibly be meant that the person believes what they say is fact they feel threatened and have to attack. It's kind of sad because it should be obvious that something you say about a particular guitar or topic IS your opinion...maddox's article on that says it best:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....=boiling_blood

Mods if posting that satire link isnt allowed or something lemme know and I'll edit my post. It's worth readin' for a good laugh, plus it's on topic .
I've expressed opinions here mate. I think one of the best signs of good character is being able to accept other people's opinions, and not feel attacked or turn defensive. Even if someone says "you suck" that's someone else's opinion. In the end, who cares? I used to think I was a good drummer (in my teens, more than a half a life ago). Someone I jammed with told me that "I suck in the tempo area" because I was speeding up and slowing down on certain parts. Instead of going back to him all defensive and saying "that's because the bassist sucks" or "the drums are made in Indonesia" I listened, and focused on keeping tempo. Its not that hard to look for the "real message".
Ibateur is offline  
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 179
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

I'm still new here. Now I know who not to take seriously when I post something with a little bit of my own opinion in. Drop it ok? your not impressing anyone.
Ryan350DX is offline  
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:18 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 1,498
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
I've expressed opinions here mate. I think one of the best signs of good character is being able to accept other people's opinions, and not feel attacked or turn defensive. Even if someone says "you suck" that's someone else's opinion. In the end, who cares? I used to think I was a good drummer (in my teens, more than a half a life ago). Someone I jammed with told me that "I suck in the tempo area" because I was speeding up and slowing down on certain parts. Instead of going back to him all defensive and saying "that's because the bassist sucks" or "the drums are made in Indonesia" I listened, and focused on keeping tempo. Its not that hard to look for the "real message".
Absolutely agree dude. My point was exactly that...that people dont bother to look for the real message. And Ryan350 I dont even know who you're talking to at this point, lol.
shreddersymphony is offline  
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Moderator
 
elcid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: chicago
Posts: 9,592
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

Since you are new, I'll explain how the boards work. If you ask for opinions, people will give them to you. You may not like what they have to say but that's no reason so get defensive. Remember, you asked for their opinion. Starting a thread here opens a dialog with one or more people, rarely will everyone agree on the topic. If you dont want to hear negative ideas about your plans, maybe you should reconsider posting them in a public place.
elcid is offline  
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:42 AM
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,274
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan350DX View Post
I'm still new here. Now I know who not to take seriously when I post something with a little bit of my own opinion in. Drop it ok? your not impressing anyone.
I think you mistake me for someone who tries to impress other people on the board. I don't. I come here to join a community of like-minded and freakin' talented people and to have fun. I'm certainly not trying to impress you. I AM trying to impress UPON you that you need to change your attitude and behaviour on this board if YOU want to be taken seriously.

Funny thing is that you're not even the one who was asking for advice. You chime in, give your "preference", get offended at the advice of others, and then go off whining again and even tell people that they are full of crap. Was that really needed? Did you accomplish anything?

I personally think that the "you can't shine sh!te" is a bit harsh, as I don't think the < 5xx are that bad. But I respect people's opinions and will not attack them for saying that, even if I had one of those "sh!te" guitars.

Last edited by Ibateur; 07-12-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Ibateur is offline  
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 114
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowledgeisPower View Post
The whole point of this is to have an arsenal of different sounds just like any other guitarist.
Has this made anyone else laugh?

"Okay guys, I want to have the ultimate arsenal of versatility!! My uber-versatile cover-everything group of three guitars is going to be:

1) An Ibanez RG350 with DiMarzios

2) An Ibanez RG350 with DiMarzios

3) An Ibanez RG350 with DiMarzios"


...


...
Zero 7 is offline  
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 234
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

lol. but i can see where hes coming from
dimefan90 is offline  
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 06:52 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 114
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimefan90 View Post
lol. but i can see where hes coming from
What, Idiotland?
Zero 7 is offline  
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 07:24 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 179
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

Nevermind...

Last edited by Ryan350DX; 07-15-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Ryan350DX is offline  
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Moderator
 
elcid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: chicago
Posts: 9,592
Re: The RG-350 Experiment(s)

.....

Last edited by elcid; 07-15-2008 at 07:54 PM.
elcid is offline  
Reply

Tags
black headstock , dimarzio tone , fernandes sustainer , local luthier , paf pro pickups , pro edge bridge , pro pickups , tone zone , trem setter

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










 
Similar Searches

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: Cheap S / RG for experiment NickCormier Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 04-02-2008 08:19 PM
[Bosch Racing] The CharvBlues experiment Bosch Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 2 05-27-2007 04:25 PM
bias experiment? jemke Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 5 03-14-2005 05:09 PM
A little experiment =) Infinite Pickups & wiring 10 10-27-2004 08:32 AM
My little JS experiment was a failure!! Scott 74 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 5 10-28-2003 12:15 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome