Rg 350dxz - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Rg 350dxz

Hi all

Just want to know if anyone has played one these, they are the made in Indonesia models with the wizard iii neck and edge zero ii trem

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:49 PM

Not that specific model but I own an RG1570 Prestige and an RG550 Genesis which both have slightly different wizard profile necks and are made in Japan. They're incredibly playable and versatile and I imagine the 350DXZ will be too, albeit of a lesser quality. It would be a fine guitar for somebody on a tight budget and eminently gigable.

Maybe you need to be a bit more specific with what you'd like to know, what you want to do with it and the alternatives you're considering...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 08:00 PM

Re: Rg 350dxz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall Dixon View Post
Hi all

Just want to know if anyone has played one these, they are the made in Indonesia models with the wizard iii neck and edge zero ii trem

Thanks

the rg350s are abundant and usually cheap. They aren't bad guitars. The edge zero ii isn't my favorite, but it does the job. The necks on them are a little thicker and have a u - ish shape profile if i remember right. Anyways i would give more than 300 usd on one. The are fun guitars to mod. change out pickups, pickguards, and stuff like that.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/search?...t=ibanez+rg350
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 08:45 PM

I wouldn't mind picking up a cheap used one myself in order to mod and upgrade....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 09:18 PM

Re: Rg 350dxz

I have a 2011 370dxz, always been really pleased with it. Very comfortable neck and stays in tune great, and sounds good too. The EZ2 flutters like crazy if you take out the smaller 2 springs and make it a standard fulcrum trem (if you care), though the fine tuners aren't as smooth as the Gotoh stuff and your hex wrench will wear out the saddle intonation screws after just a few adjustments.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Ye I was just reading up on the earlier version the 350dx, seems the spec may have been a bit better http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG350DX

The older ones seem to have had edge pros on them , I’ve recently just bought a rg550 genesis but still want a 350 just to have maybe to mod or something

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode