Rg 421 avaliability in England? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Rg 421 avaliability in England?

Does any one have any idea if the rg 421 is avaliable in England? If not is there anyway I can get it imported and is this sort of thing easy to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
I've not seen one over here, but I can't say for sure that they're not available in shops. The good news though is that it's really easy to import an RG421 to the uk.

Rich may well be able to get you one if he'll go that low in the range, (I know he won't deal in TRS equipped guitars, but this is a fixed bridge guitar even if it is an RG400 ) If he can't get you one himself, he more than likely will know a man that can. Click the big swirly banner in the top right corner of the sponsor's section to find out

Matt's Music might have one too if Rich doesn't. Or you could just surf the web for a big chain store to send one out to you, there are a couple that ship to the UK.

Failing that another possiblilty is to go for an RG621 from Japan. The Ishibashi webstore stocks them at the moment and will ship to the UK.

When it arrives, you're facing a 21.8% import duty and VAT bill, on the price of the guitar + shipping, (don't try to scam Customs they know their stuff). One's I've brought over from either ebay or private adds have arrived on my doorstep within a couple of weeks with no trouble.
jono is online  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 07:25 AM

You don't pay duty on shipping AFAIK.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 11:13 AM

Middle of October. Dont have a credit card, so cant order online. Every week, i wander hopefully down to local guitar store looking for her. But she isnt there. Can anyone help this lonely man looking for a companion in life? Is there ANYWHERE in the cold corporate heart of england which would find it possible to begin stocking these creatures? I want her! But she just isnt there...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 11:21 AM
dex

This is probabaly not helping at all, but......

ishibashi.co.jp only accept bank transfers anyway, so you don't need a credit card.
The drawback is that they don't have the RG421, but they have the RG621.
Sale price 52,000 JPY (272), bank wire charges 3,000JPY (16), delivery to the UK 16,500JPY (87).
Total cost before VAT and Import Duty = 375

Then you'll have to pay around 22.5% on top of that to HM Customs and Excise.
So for around 460 you can get RG621 imported from Japan.

I'm thinking of doing it with the RGR580JBB - It'll cost around 500 for a solid mahogany RG with reverse headstock.
It'll be the best Xmas present I have ever given myself.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 11:38 AM

Excellent....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 08:18 AM
jpi

Actually, if you're very lucky you might get it with minimal taxes. Here's how it goes:

In EU they have a law or an agreement, what ever, anyhow if the parcel is coming from Japan and makes a stop for example in Germany (or the first EU country where the parcel makes a stop), the parcel goes to the country's customs and there they take the VAT and then the airplane takes the package to UK and you don't have to pay VAT in UK because it has been already in the customs of the first country.

I once ordered something from the US and the first EU country the parcel arrived in was Germany, so they took about 11% VAT there and sent it to Finland. I'm very happy about this, because otherwise I would have had to pay 26,5% VAT here in Finland.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 11:17 AM

Mine is being shipped to me as we speak, can't wait to get it. It's about time they made a good RG model with a fixed bridge.

Tags
equipped guitar , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , reverse headstock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode