K, thanks for all the help guys
But anyways I found out that it was an RG-470FX, and boy does it need a lot of work. Here's a short list:
1. Electronics need to be rewired, it all seems properly connected, but all I get is buzz coming out the
* *output jack.
2. Neck Pickup ring is broken and needs to be replaced
3. Middle pickup cover, well I don't know about this but it lookes like the guy was using a razor blade as a
* *pick and he directly attacked the middle pickup! It's sickening.
4. Neck pickup is missing a height adjust spring and screw.
5. Nut is chipped in important areas and needs to be replaced.
6. Frets are slightly gouged at the headstock end of the neck. I don't know if this will require work or not.
7. Some of the black paint on the headstock needs retouching.
8. There are some real bad saddle burrs on both E string saddles. Either need filing or replacement.
9. The guitar was dropped on concrete once and there's a huge gouge on the rear bottom edge. There
* *are other body flaws as well and they all need filling and paint.
10. There's dust in places on the guitar that I didn't think dust could get, under the pickup cover for
* * *example. I dont get it.
Luckily the neck itself is in good shape and the bridge pickup has been replaced by a Duncan JB or Distortion (can't tell which.) These two things are the only redeeming qualities of this monster.
(Actual question w/ a purpose)
Now I am still sure that I want to buy it off of the guy, but how much would you say that it's worth?
(Edited by pd0x at 11:19 am on Mar. 2, 2002)