For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: France Bordeaux
Posts: 252
For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy an RG 507 year 95' and it very looks like the 570. Does anyone can tell me wich one is the best between those two good guitars. i already have a 550LTD so wich one would be very similar ?
Are the 507 and 570 only different by there Floyd Rose or is there any difference about the neck size.

Thanks for your answers friends.

Manta.
mantaworld13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 7,017
Reviews: 1
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

The 570 should have a Wizard profile, whilst the 507 should have a Wizard 2 profile, slightlly thicker with a rounder fretboard. The 507 should have the original edge as well.

Both are Japanese made, so really it's personal preference. the 507 came in some fantastic finishes as well. (and black too )
jono is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:01 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

The 570 are a better guitar, it has a better built neck (there are a noticeable difference).
The 507 has a neck from a 4xx series guitar.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:19 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: overthere
Posts: 1,785
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

nope magus, i had 3 507 and 5 570's and the only difference is in the name.all had edge bridges and v pickups,507 are aan and a few 570 square heels.
you cant go wrong.
brianxtr is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:31 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianxtr View Post
nope magus, i had 3 507 and 5 570's and the only difference is in the name.all had edge bridges and v pickups,507 are aan and a few 570 square heels.
you cant go wrong.
Okay, maybe different depending on what country they have been sold (but I don't think so).

I still say that the necks are different, low series on 507 and high on 570 (different truss-rods ,for example).

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:49 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 76
Reviews: 7
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

I had a 570 and currently own and play a 507, they basically are the same guitars. And I didn't notice a difference in quality between their necks. In fact my neck has "550" stamped on its heel, so there you go mag it's a 550 neck certainly not from a 4xx series. Why would they put a non japanese made neck on a japanese guitar anyway...

The 507 is a very nice guitar, the only thing you might consider changing is the pickups, everything else is high quality.
Professor Jones is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:56 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Jones View Post
I had a 570 and currently own and play a 507, they basically are the same guitars. And I didn't notice a difference in quality between their necks. In fact my neck has "550" stamped on its heel, so there you go mag it's a 550 neck certainly not from a 4xx series. Why would they put a non japanese made neck on a japanese guitar anyway...

The 507 is a very nice guitar, the only thing you might consider changing is the pickups, everything else is high quality.
Okay, if you say so, then I'm wrong.
I don't have a 507 at home right now but I will have a look into it.

On all most all below 550 series guitar I have looked at have the neck been 4 series and the body 5 series.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: France Bordeaux
Posts: 252
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez-Mag View Post
The 570 are a better guitar, it has a better built neck (there are a noticeable difference).
The 507 has a neck from a 4xx series guitar.

/Magnus
Did you say that because you read it on the 507 neck (if you get it off) ? you mean it's printed on the neck where the aanj is srew on ? because i notice it on my rg7420 : i get off the rg7420 neck, and it's printed rg 7620 !!!

the seller proposed me 250 euros for his rg 507 ametist blue and it's in great condition . but you guys are positive when you said it's the original Edge which come with it ? you definitly say the 550 neck is better than the 507 neck (because thinner)?

thanks for your answers.

there are his pictures : your opinions ?


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mantaworld13 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 04:13 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 76
Reviews: 7
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

Yes it's equipped with an edge. And again, the 507 has the same neck as a 550. It seems to be in good condition and the the price is real nice, so if you like the color go for it.
Professor Jones is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 06:01 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaworld13 View Post
Did you say that because you read it on the 507 neck (if you get it off) ? you mean it's printed on the neck where the aanj is srew on ? because i notice it on my rg7420 : i get off the rg7420 neck, and it's printed rg 7620 !!!

the seller proposed me 250 euros for his rg 507 ametist blue and it's in great condition . but you guys are positive when you said it's the original Edge which come with it ? you definitly say the 550 neck is better than the 507 neck (because thinner)?

thanks for your answers.

there are his pictures : your opinions ?


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I say it out of experience from alot of guitars like it.
The 505 are for sure 4 series necks (I have one in my hand now).

Look into it, when did Ibanez do Wizard II 550 necks? Never.
Where do you find Wizard II necks? On low level Ibanez.

Maybe Professor Jones has a 507 with a changed neck?
It should be easy to feel the difference between a Wizard II and Super Wizard.



/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 07:18 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 76
Reviews: 7
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez-Mag View Post
Look into it, when did Ibanez do Wizard II 550 necks? Never
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/222/9.jpg
Professor Jones is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 07:33 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Jones View Post
I was wrong, they did Wizard II 550.

But I still think the 507 are a 4 series neck, but we will never get anywhere with the discussion about it, so lets just drop it, hug and make love.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: France Bordeaux
Posts: 252
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez-Mag View Post
I was wrong, they did Wizard II 550.

But I still think the 507 are a 4 series neck, but we will never get anywhere with the discussion about it, so lets just drop it, hug and make love.

/Magnus
thanks magnus
and what about this other one proposed by another seller ?
he tell me it's an 570 ??? but i don't find it in ibanez catalog according to the serial number. may you or other guys help me ?



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Manta
mantaworld13 is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: France Bordeaux
Posts: 252
Re: For RG 507 and/or RG 570 owners...

the rg 570 looks like fake, i don't know ?
Manta
mantaworld13 is offline  
Reply

Tags
edge , ibanez , lo pro edge , rg 507 , rg 570

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JS owners! rickcard71 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 52 02-22-2006 10:46 AM
JS owners! rickcard71 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 0 12-19-2005 11:12 PM
Jem 90 owners, LOOK tony777 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 3 06-18-2003 09:25 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome