RG 570 Restoration Questions - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

RG 570 Restoration Questions

About four years ago I bought an RG 570. It had some dings and a crack in the neck. I decided to make it a refinish project. I repaired the crack in the neck and in four years the crack has not lengthened. The refinish project however wasn't as successful. A few months ago, I decided that it might just be easier to look on the bay for an RG 570 project. To my astounding luck, as soon as I looked, I found an RG 570 body and neck only. I got stymied on the trem posts. The post inserts had been removed from the new body. Finally this weekend, I decided to buy some replacement inserts. I spent this weekend transferring all the original pickups and hardware to the other RG 570.
Now, I am free to make the other RG 570 another project. Since I will have an RG 570 that will be completely stock, I have decided to not worry about making the second one all original. I am planning on refinishing the body yet again but without the pressure of screwing up an original 570. Okay, now after the lengthy background, here's my question.
Will a standard FR Speedloading trem work with the RG 570 and the post and inserts?

Another question but this one isn't really about the restore, just something I noticed. Both of the RG's are originals. The first is/was an '89 flip flop pink/purple. The body is stamped 550. The second is a '91? dark blue. It's the exact same body but is stamped 570. Anyone know why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM

Re: RG 570 Restoration Questions

I'm not sure, but it may be possible that the pickup routing is the same, or can be, between a 550 and a 570. It would certainly make sense from a production standpoint if they could be. The only difference otherwise is the 550's pickups are mounted to the pickguard whereas the 570's, as you know, are mounted to the body.

Tags
rg570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

speedpicking wrist or elbow
speedpicking arm or wrist

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode