Ibanez JEM Forum banner

RG 770

Tags
rg770
2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  diablomozart 
#1 ·
Hi All.
I am having trouble understanding background behind an RG770 for sale on CL I want to buy. Why is he listing it as RG770DX when it is labeled RG770 on the headstock? Is $1,100 a good deal for an original (not a reissue) in good condition (photos attached)? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I’m just looking at my red one and that’s also got a sticker on the back that RG770. Presumably Ibanez are saying it’s an RG770 and the DX part is just the trim level in the same way it doesn’t have the code for the colour there either.

I can’t comment on the cost because I’ve not been tracking the market value of them recently, but I can say that I absolutely love mine.

And assuming that it plays fine, that one looks in VERY good condition for a 30 year old guitar!

#5 ·
Thank you for the heads-up. Because of you, I messaged him asking for all dings. He sent me pictures and they looked pretty bad but I went over to check it out. They weren't as large as seemed in the pic and I traded him my Pod HD Pro X and Pod X3 Pro for it. The frets and tremolo were in immaculate and pristine condition. I tuned it to Drop F.

Attachments

#8 ·
A red one sold 7 months ago for $700 so id say anywhere $700-1000 would be a very good price. Right now many guitars have started appreciating in value, especially these older RG's. Those reverb sellers that have high prices won't actually sell the guitars for that much, they'll probably accept an offer closer to $1200 now which I guess is where market value is heading. But who knows, the right buyer will pay a higher price if you wait long enough. Are you planning on selling it?

#11 ·
Yeah, I've definitely noticed that too. It used to take a while to sell my stuff on craigslist cause the market was pretty flooded with used gear, but this summer alone I've pretty much sold everything I wanted within a week of posting. I'm guessing a lot of people have picked up playing guitar because of quarantine, so the demand for used guitars has gone up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.