rg ash body w/evolutions - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
rg ash body w/evolutions

I have a new rg470na and i really like the stock p/ups, but i think i am going to install a couple evo p/ups...any feedback ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 AM

Reviews: 6
Re: rg ash body w/evolutions

What kind of sound are you going for? I have a higher output pickup on an ash body (Fender Enforcer), and it works for me in some ways, but a lower output pickup can be good in a harder wood body like ash.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:16 AM

That'll sound so bright, you'll have to wear shades!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

thats exactly what i don't want...the original p'ups do sound good, heard they were made by dimarzio, similar to the paf 36th...i want punch with clarity...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

and PLEASE don't suggest the crunch lab or tone zone...thinking WAY out of the box...maybe a steve's special
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 05:33 AM

The inf2 is in the 16k range, similar to a duncan JB as far as dc resistance and magnet too, alnico5, I dunno how similar they sound though as I've never owned an inf2.

The inf1 is about 8.1k, and has a ceramic mag, so I'm not sure what that would compare to.

The inf1-inf2 combo seems to be pretty similar to something like having a Duncan JB in the bridge and a '59 with a ceramic magnet swap in the neck. I'm guessing that is what they intended with them by the approx wind resistance. I ordered one of those ash bodied rg's too, I love that look and was powerless to resist. I guess I'll find out myself what the pickups sound like in the next week or so. If they have that hideous congested overwound yowl sound, they will be yanked and recycled for fridge magnet duty...

To be honest, with that guitar, I'd probably get some old ibanez super 70's and throw in there... But then I don't really like the sound of overwound pickups, a total paf junkie, so my opinion of good guitar sound might be quite different than yours. Maybe try some super58's, as you can buy them right off the ibanez web store, and they are cheap.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 01:23 PM

I have dont it..... dont.

for ash, if you want high power, go breeds or tone zone/air norton.

Tags
rg ash body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

ibanex rg470na pics
rg470na
ibanez rg470na

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode