RG Help with finding a guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

RG Help with finding a guitar

I am an owner of a Jem7VWH.

I would like to buy an RG series guitar and change it up a little, but want a quality base to start from.

What I really want is an Alder or Ash body and SSS.

I know this does not exist but would settle for something with an HSH that I could throw a couple single coils into.

I like the mass of the RG series for the tone that their bodies have because there is so much material there, unlike the S or SA series.

I love and am familiar with the Wizard and Jem necks, having owned three Ibanez guitars, Jem, SA and S series.

I really want a 22 or 21 fret neck because it will allow me to get the throaty sound out of the single coil neck pickup.

I would really like the fixed bridge if possible for the sustain, but will be glad to find the other features in a floating bridge.

I would really like the dot inlays and NOT the sharktooth.

What should I be searching for either used or new?

Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 05:11 PM

Re: RG Help with finding a guitar

Just build it, then you can have exactly what you want. Nothing comes to mind that fits those specs, and if you are going to have to seriously re work the guitar to get what you want...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 09:10 AM

musikron is right.... custom body is about the only way to go. you can pick up a wizard II neck inexpensively, trim off the over lap and now you have 22.... ensure that the body specs fit the neck to ensure scale length is right.

if you decide to do this project post pics so we can follow along...

have you thought about an AT series or RT series and modifying from there? the RT is an RG shape in alder. you would have to fix the bridge but that would at least be a start.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 09:11 AM

was the RX body alder?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 11:31 AM

Reviews: 2

The AT100 fits most, but not all of your needs.........It's the only Alder body RG style Ibanez has excluding your VWH.

[img]http://*****************.com/resourceservicehost/images/Ibanez/web/eg/products/AT100CSBL.gif[/img]

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-AT100CL
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 02:42 PM

Reviews: 11

you're probably going to have to go custom with that. ET guitars is one of the favorites around here.

Tags
22 fret , alder , ash , hss , sss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode