Ibanez JEM Forum banner
4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  vwall 
#1 ·
I got an RG used a few months ago, and I am unsure as to whether it is an RG 4xx, 5xx etc. The serial number is F905117, and made in japan. It has the floyd rose type trem (I think edge.) And locking nut, an HSH config with  IBZ V1 in the neck, IBZ S1 middle, and IBZ V2 in the bridge. I think that the guitar is from the early 90's, as the serial # is F90, and the fact that the headstock lacks RG at the very top, as I've seen on the newer models at guitar center. I play quite a bit with a Fender Tele/ Marshall Valvestate 265, and only recently have I begun to appreciate this RG. Please help, thanks.

#4 ·
Which RG is my guitar

My bad, I thought that I covered all the angles in my description. Thiss guitar does indeed have dot inlays (mettalic looking ones.), and it has no pickguard. The finish is kinda wierd. In different lighting it goes between a blue and purple hue. Thanks guys

#13 ·
Which RG is my guitar

pulling off the neck will likely read as 550 or 570 neck even if the body isnt. Ibanez used ss0 necks on the majority of the 5 series even if it wasnt a 550. as for my previous call on DX. Slash it.. It was late when i wrote it. the DX models have a pick guard.....

570 makes more sense though.

can you get us pictures?

#16 ·
Which RG is my guitar

Hey guy's, you have all been, and will always be a great deal of help. Due broken state of my scanner, and to the crappy nature of my web cam, I can't send any pictures of the axe in question. I tend to agree that it is a 5 series due to the fact that the guitar has no pickguard, and that I removed the neck and it says RG 550r. The neck pocket says J70. Maybe next time I'll be of help to someone. Thank you all very much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.