RG-Paint 1 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

RG-Paint 1

Absolutly broke. Had to sell a camera lens to get it. Couldn't pass it up. Have wanted one since I saw a picture of it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:32 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: RG-Paint 1

nice axe but what lens did you sell? ...glen
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:43 PM

Cool axe! The guys at MAE had e-mailed me about it a little over 2 months ago, but it just didn't do much for me. Out of the PAINT models, it's probably the one I like most though.

Nice score!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:53 PM

Congrats

I have always had a soft spot for the blue RG PAINT version
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all... Definitely an aquired taste. Either you like it or you don't.

Glen, sold a 300 2.8. Really was looking for an excuse to. I have the f4 version also.

Here's my gallery, take a peak... http://www.2envision.net/index.php?cat=12

Do you shoot?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 02:26 PM
site founder 0% owner

hi dave, i'm pretty sure i saw your name on miranda's forum and did 2+2 then email/pm'd you from here but your email bounced back? i picked up a 10d this summer which you had for a while right? gotta snap up some nice pics of that axe for the gallery here enjoy.. glen
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Hey bud. Yeah, I don't participate on Fred's site much any more. Great place, with great people though. I've had a couple shows lately and time is real limited. Gonna miss the 2.8 but hardly ever used it. It was too damn heavy any how...

Yeah, moved to a 1D about 6 months ago. Really excellent camera. In the end it is up to the human, not the equipement IMO. I have seen some real killer shots from $300 point and shoots...

What name do you go by on FM.com? Do you have a link to your stuff?

Dave
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenit
Thanks all... Definitely an aquired taste. Either you like it or you don't.

Glen, sold a 300 2.8. Really was looking for an excuse to. I have the f4 version also.

Here's my gallery, take a peak... http://www.2envision.net/index.php?cat=12

Do you shoot?
Stunning photos. Cool guitar, too...glad someone in the family got it.
Greg
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 06:36 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenit
Hey bud. Yeah, I don't participate on Fred's site much any more. Great place, with great people though. I've had a couple shows lately and time is real limited. Gonna miss the 2.8 but hardly ever used it. It was too damn heavy any how...

Yeah, moved to a 1D about 6 months ago. Really excellent camera. In the end it is up to the human, not the equipement IMO. I have seen some real killer shots from $300 point and shoots...

What name do you go by on FM.com? Do you have a link to your stuff?

Dave
Great shots for sure dave... nice work I agree w/ you 100% on the equipment/human I don't post on FM but i was reading to double check on upcoming products to try and find a safe/smart time to invest in a digital SLR. I have some older manual bodies w/ lenses including a Canon A-1 so i'm moving 100% to digital. The only photos i have up thus far are of my daughter (from halloween i believe) and the G3 show in NY (link on frontpage). I slowly got away from SLR w/ my kodak dc280 for convenience and the ability to shoot, shoot and shoot. it's nice to have a digital slr where i can snap 5 shots in 2 seconds and without any shutter lag (nevermind adjustable f-stops, lenses, etc) ....glen
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 02:42 PM

Reviews: 7
Very Nice

I saw that on an auction site, is that the same one? I actually am trying to track down the orange and blue version of that guitar with the LEDs in the neck. Congrats.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 03:14 PM

That is the same RG-PAINT that was on EBay recently.

The blue/orange RG-PAINT (I think it's the RG-PAINT1) that you're thining of had aftermarket SIMS LED lights added. I believe that that particular guitar is somewhere in Europe. I recall seeing it on either EBay Germany or EBay UK about a year ago.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 04:33 PM

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:18 AM

Reviews: 7
Bingo

That's the one. I saw it for sale once and i missed, guy in UK had it for a while and then sold it. I think there are 2 of them in this paint color. I never seen the one you have, it just as nice. I'll track it down eventually. Any plands for LEDs? So....how doesit sound?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 11:42 AM

It's not mine - I just knew where an image of one was.

Go to www.Ibanezregister.com
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 01:55 PM

I think there are (1 each of the RG-PAINT1 & RG-PAINT2. They're signed and numbered by the artist.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode