RG project - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

RG project

I have just bought an RG 350-body that is going to serve as the base for an RG-project guitar.
The question is what trem I should get for it? I have an RG350QMZ with the Edge Zero II, and though it is a great trem, I would like to have an original Edge on the project guitar.
But will an original Edge fit in the 350s cavity?

If not, what other options do I have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 10:09 AM

Re: RG project

Don't know wich RG350 body you've got. If it's a RG350M then it came with the edge III tremolo. Buy a Edge pro tremolo, it will fit into the cavity without modification. I did this myself on my Rg465M and it works very good!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

It's a RG350DX body. I think they came whith the Edge III also.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Reviews: 2

Well, if it has the Edge iii cavity, then you can put an OFR or an Edge Pro.
If you really want an original edge, you can do some routing in the body to make it work. In fact, come to think of it, it doesn't matter if the bridge fits or no- you can always route the body to accommodate the bridge!!
However, if you don't want to route the body, the Edge Pro /OFR is your best bet(in an Edge 3 cavity).
If the body is routed for an Edge Zero 2, it's probably best to leave it as is- The back cavity is different due to the ZPS system.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
It's a RG350DX body. I think they came whith the Edge III also.
Yes, it came with edge III from 2005
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

It's got the standard spring-claw in the back cavity, so it indicates an Edge 3. Will start my quest to find a nice Edge Pro

Thanks a lot for the input guys.

Tags
body , edge , qmz , rg350

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode