RG1077XL - Nice - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

RG1077XL - Nice

I got my lovely Royal Blue RG1077XL on Monday-my first 7 string.
It is a nice piece of work. Surprisingly easy to play-a little adjustment in technique needed to deal with the extra string and the longer neck, but a fairly smooth transition.
It feels like a nice, quality instrument, pretty well set up.
But-it doesn't come with a case, and the shop didn't send my tools. Plus, there were three very tiny surface scratches on the rear edge of the guitar. Tiny, but noticeable in the right light. Now, I am a player, and I'm not afraid to gig with my nice guitars,l but I have had my 77FP for a year now, and there are still no scratches, so getting an imperfect brand new axe was a little disappointing, but I wont lose sleep...

Are these guitars supposed to come with a case??? Was I 'unlucky'.

I would still like a 2027 (Jerry/Rich) btu there weren't any available in the uk for love or money.

After playing the 1077, the 77FP seemed tiny, but strangely after a few seconds my fingers were flyng faster than ever!!!

Try one, you'll buy one.

Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Vendor

RG1077XL

Was it in store inventory or did it come straight from a distributor?

Cases are always priced seperately (depending on the dealer, everything I quote includes case because that's just the way I do it. Most dealers give you that "cheap" quote but it doesn't include case, setup, shipping, so my figure looks a little high but all inclusive. I just see it as deceptive to give that "cheap" quote, then start adding on all the extras)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 08:48 PM

RG1077XL

Rich, now that is honest businessmanship! (Nice word, eh?) That's why you da man. :mc:
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Vendor

RG1077XL

Why thank you! I just never believed in that *marketing bull*, it probably hurts me more than helps me in the long run, but my cards are on the table for all to see. That's why you'll see $1500 List instead of $1499.99. Well, List is actually $1499.99, but lets get for real, that's $1500 isn't it? LOL If you're international I'll warn you that customs is going to nail you and try to explain anything I do know about that countries customs (which outside of the UK isn't much). I loose ALOT of sales that way, but better to have a happy non customer than one writing back bitching about the 24% he just got raped for that nobody told him about and he couldn't afford!! I sleep better at night that way
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

RG1077XL

Rich-the guitar was store inventory, and it was the only one I could source in the UK when the GAS struck! I had to strike quickly otherwise I would have been waiting til May for the next shipment to the UK (or so I was warned-not by the store I bought the guitar from I must add). They had no cases that would fit the guitar, Ibanez or other makes. It actually came in a Fender box, with some bubble wrap, and a cheap bass gig bag, which the store, to their credit, gave me for nothing.

I'm still waiting for my tools, too!

Guy
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Vendor

RG1077XL

Just as I figured, explains the scratches, case, and tools all in one sentance
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 10:19 PM

RG1077XL

Hey, how 'bout I send you $10 Canadian and you take a screwdriver and hammer to the finish of something cheap and send it with no extras? *lol *j/k *Don't hurt anything. *lol
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2002, 06:05 AM

RG1077XL

Cool Guitar man! I've tried one, and it is indeed sweet! Shame about the case though, that is a bit crap. You'd expect that for serious amounts of money you'd at least get a case with it. I mean, who carries around an expensive guitar in a gig bag??!!??

Congratulations on the axe btw!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2002, 08:45 AM

RG1077XL

Damn, no one near me has the XLs in stock to try. I was at Scam Ash yesterday, and they had a K7 with a chip down into the wood though. No markdown either.

They also already had the cheap 2002 models (RGT47, new SA160 color) too.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2002, 12:29 PM

RG1077XL

Congrats on the new axe. I knew this baby would catch on sooner or later. I just hope it's a mainstay, and that more models based on this one gets released in the future... like a double edged series??? heh...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode