RG1550MZ - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

RG1550MZ

Hi first post here.

Here's my question. I've searched high and low and just can't find anywhere to buy an RG1550MZ. I'm in LA, CA.

I can't post a link since it's my first post but the guitar is on the product list at ibanez.co.jp

Basically I am looking for a RG prestige with a black body and maple fingerboard. RG1550MZ is it but not in the US?

There is the RG1550L but I'm not left handed

I just found the JEM505 and this one might do it. I wasn't looking for a Vai guitar anyway. So to me it's not a boring, plain JEM like some people have been saying. I would just swap the pickups and pickguard, truss rod cover, etc. Edge bridge would be nice to have too. The only thing is it's kinda pricey.

So in sum, I'm weighing the costs of ordering a 1550MZ from outside the country or just ordering a JEM505 locally. Furthermore, I was also going to swap the pickups in the 1550MZ anyway. So I think cost wise I should end up going for the JEM505.

Thanks for reading and any feedback. Really like this forum so far. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 03:08 AM

Re: RG1550MZ

I'm pretty sure the guitar you seek is either Japan only or Japan and maybe Europe. I think you can't go wrong with either guitar. But if you want the original edge bridge then definitely go for the 505...Also you get different frets. The 1550 would of came with Jumbo and the 505 has the 6105 size frets. I like both...tough decision! I say go for the 505 cause you get the original edge and the vai grip on the guitar.

Tags
1550mz , ibanez , prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode