RG1550mz with Dimarioz - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

RG1550mz with Dimarioz

Hey guys !

I change my pups with dimarzios yesterday. It was my first time, i was scared a bit. But i did it ! And it was too easy ! Omg, i have waited for nothing in past months
I know most of you guys dont like x2n and activators, but as a metalhead i love them so much. Actually x2n is my dream pup cause i'm big fan of Schuldiner. I have waited for this too long

Here's the photos:

And here's the first test video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceYyK0OfDbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 AM

Re: RG1550mz with Dimarioz

I have that same model in Phantom blue (look at my family portrait thread in the Other Ibanez guitars section). Nice job installing those pups Also, those pups actually sound REALLY good. Which one were you using in the test video?

BTW, where did you install those pups? a desk or something in your house? A garage?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Nice gear Matias ! I'm jealous about red one :P
I used x2n. Normally i would NEVER use bridge pup for arpeggios but Malone dude using bridge so i had to use it

In the house, on the table. I did a cover to table, and place the neck on a pillow. Actually its not a dirty work, dont need too precaution.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritualerening View Post
Nice gear Matias ! I'm jealous about red one :P
I used x2n. Normally i would NEVER use bridge pup for arpeggios but Malone dude using bridge so i had to use it

In the house, on the table. I did a cover to table, and place the neck on a pillow. Actually its not a dirty work, dont need too precaution.
Ah, maybe I can do it in my apartment. I'm still scared of opening up stuff, although I did take out the humbucker on my 560 (purple one) to check for a serial number, but I didnt find one :/ That actually made my decision on pups for that guitar (AT-1, cruiser bridge for middle and neck positions).
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Ah, maybe I can do it in my apartment. I'm still scared of opening up stuff, although I did take out the humbucker on my 560 (purple one) to check for a serial number, but I didnt find one :/ That actually made my decision on pups for that guitar (AT-1, cruiser bridge for middle and neck positions).

Yea i know that feeling. I'm TOO clumsy, you cant believe it. I always broke glasses, drop my stuff ( except my guitars ) but it's really too easy. Hold your screwdriver and go for it :P
It would take ONLY a hour or so.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Yea i know that feeling. I'm TOO clumsy, you cant believe it. I always broke glasses, drop my stuff ( except my guitars ) but it's really too easy. Hold your screwdriver and go for it :P
It would take ONLY a hour or so.
ONLY an hour? LOL well I need to get a soldering iron first so that's first one my list of things to buy... After my 560 pickup upgrade
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
ONLY an hour? LOL well I need to get a soldering iron first so that's first one my list of things to buy... After my 560 pickup upgrade
Well, after you remove the strings, removing pups and replacing them takes hour. But with placing pickguard and other things it would take 2 hour
You can do it after breakfast on a sunday. Your guitar will be ready to play till midday.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Well, after you remove the strings, removing pups and replacing them takes hour. But with placing pickguard and other things it would take 2 hour
You can do it after breakfast on a sunday. Your guitar will be ready to play till midday.
So if I was going to do it, I'd need to spend half a day off working on it. I take ALOT of time with everything I do so :/
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
So if I was going to do it, I'd need to spend half a day off working on it. I take ALOT of time with everything I do so :/
You can remove strings one day, unscrew the screws another day etc. You can do it ! :P It's really fun to spend time on it. Dont be lazy
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:39 AM

Dimarioz are the best.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
Dimarioz are the best.
+1. And.. learning to wire a guitar is the best thing I ever did. great job. Axe looks killer! That 3rd pic should be your profile pic LOL. awesome
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM

Nice job! New pickups can really transform the sound! This is one pickup which I have never tried before. Hope they sound great!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
+1. And.. learning to wire a guitar is the best thing I ever did. great job. Axe looks killer! That 3rd pic should be your profile pic LOL. awesome
Yea i'm not afraid of wires anymore It's my fb profile pic lol Thank you !
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

They sound really great ! I'll record my next song with them. When i finish it, i'll share on here too !

Tags
d activator x , rg1550mz , x2n

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode