RG1550MZ Issues - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

RG1550MZ Issues

Hi guys. I have questions

1) What the hell is this ? "youtu.be/RPoyf2QAadg"(i couldnt link it cause of rules. Please copy paste) i have this ibanez for 3 weeks or so. This creepy thing happened today. I have no idea what to do. I tried to re lock and re lock trem arm, but it couldnt work.

2) imgur.com/NNoBsSj.jpg (couldnt post photo too)
This one is annoying me for real. Its a wood from the neck actually. But its the first time i see something like this on ANY guitar. Its a japan guitar, there shouldnt be any esthetical problem I THINK.

So, what should i do ? Should i want replacement from dealer ?

IF i shouldnt, i bought x2n and d activator x neck pups at the same time. But i have no experience on electronics. I'm barely settin my trem. And there's no one can do it. I'm in a small town. Can i do it by myself ? I dont want to harm my guitar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 10:59 PM

Re: RG1550MZ Issues

Hi, and welcome to Jemsite. The line on the neck is normal. It's like that on both 1550's I have owned. Your link does work, yeah I know, I deleted the . after the u.

I remember I could not get my tremolo arm to go into the guitar. I replaced the little gray plastic pieces with new ones and it worked.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer3d View Post
Hi, and welcome to Jemsite. The line on the neck is normal. It's like that on both 1550's I have owned. Your link does work, yeah I know, I deleted the . after the u.

I remember I could not get my tremolo arm to go into the guitar. I replaced the little gray plastic pieces with new ones and it worked.
Thank you. The problem is when i lock trem arm and move it to left and right, in some point it make noise like 'crrrrk'. Its probably from plastic too. But there should be easy solution. Maybe i locked wrong or angle problem etc. Actually i dunno where can i find that little piece.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Vendor

That is the spring rubbing on the bar. Put a very small bit of grease in the bar detent, make sure it is in the detent only and doesn't get on the inside of the tube when you put it in. Put the bar in and spin it around a few times.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
That is the spring rubbing on the bar. Put a very small bit of grease in the bar detent, make sure it is in the detent only and doesn't get on the inside of the tube when you put it in. Put the bar in and spin it around a few times.
I hate that piece. I'll try, thanks

Tags
black , edge zero , ibanez , rg1550mz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode