RG1570 - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Re: RG1570

The wood is also Different in the RG, but its fine.

ive never tried a JEM so i dont think i can be disapointed if it doesnt feel like one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 05:15 PM

The brother of my best friend works for ibanez and the other day that we were talking he mentioned that the woods used for prestige rgs and the basswood jems is the same, same pile of woods so same quality, and same the same luthiers build both lines and should also have the exact same completed product quality, so a prestige rg with breeds should sound exactly the same as a JEM
post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

^ I Thought JEM7V's had Alder Bodies, but ok thats a Plus i guess haha.
post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 05:53 PM

should have mentioned the black jem which is basswood with breeds
post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

oh ok, makes more Sense now. wondred my everyone was comparing JEMs to the 1570 and leaving out the wood
post #51 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 07:53 PM

Reviews: 21

RG's and Jems are similar, but not the same. As kotornut pointed out, the neck dimensions are different; IMO the most important part of the guitar.
And while Prestige necks are sweet, the lower-end 3 series RG's have necks that are more similar to a Jem. Yeah, construction is slightly different between Jem necks and Wizard 2's, but I think only the dimension is off by about 0.030mm.
This is why I like the Indy's a lot. Jem necks are sweet!
post #52 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubyboulin View Post
hey im kinda new here so if this is the wrong forum, sorry.

Does anyone have any Experience with the RG1570 Prestige? Im probobly going to be buying one soon but a lot of the reviews on the internet are written in the "honeymoon" period of the guitar, so they arent always accurate :

Thanks in advance!

Haha, thats an awesome way of putting it.
Playing wise, it was fantastic when I owned one. I just personally can't stand the Edge Pro tremolo, as oppose to an OFR or a ZR.
post #53 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lemons View Post
Haha, thats an awesome way of putting it.
Playing wise, it was fantastic when I owned one. I just personally can't stand the Edge Pro tremolo, as oppose to an OFR or a ZR.
Oh...whats wrong with the Edge Pro? I thought it was supposed to be good?

Now youve got me worried haha
post #54 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubyboulin View Post
Oh...whats wrong with the Edge Pro? I thought it was supposed to be good?

Now youve got me worried haha

Nothings wrong with it. People all have opiinions and he likes the ZR or OFR better. But the Edge Pro is a well made stable trem. It's not a worry.

I own a 1991 RG560 and I love it like a sexy woman. The 1570 is comparable to it. It is, to me for the money, the only guitar new that seems worth it. Yeah, I know I could pay a ton and get somethign amazing, but for the price the 1570 would meet all my needs and then some. It doesn't have any design flaws that you need to worry about. The trem is good, the sound is good, the neck is a wizard, need I say more.

If your in the market for a new trem equiped guitar for less than a $1000. The 1570 is the guitar for you IMO. But you need to play one and see for yourself, recommendations mean nothing unless you try one yourself.
post #55 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Yeah im hoping to go down and try one tommorow, or if they dont have one at least try another similiar model with the same neck.
post #56 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 PM

Reviews: 1

Well,
I have had my 2003 RG1570L for 2 years now, bought it second hand almost new condition.

I am so enraged with Ibanez. They always leave out lefties!
Look at the amazing new 550's and 570's!
I would much rather have one of those now.

Lefties are now stuck with some horrible suede black that you cannot use if you get hot or sweaty ( USELESS ). The hardware is that goth look which wears off after about 4 months and its impossible to get replacement parts.

It got left out of the new design system with those amazing trems and accessories like the Zero-Point system. Why? So they didnt have to change the price just because of the lefties.

I LOVE Ibanez, but now im going to have to have a custom one made or find a really old ( but new ) Lefty version because of this suede black nonsense.

Please Ibanez, bring out a cool lefty that isnt in black and stuck with dated hardware!!
post #57 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 AM

well you know, you can get almost every part from ibanez rules
post #58 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 AM

Any news yet on the Edge-Zero? I hope this trem is sweet!
post #59 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immersive View Post
Any news yet on the Edge-Zero? I hope this trem is sweet!
I think they feel pretty lousy with the zero bar in. In fairness, I'm not sure how well they work without it, I'm going to probably try soon and see if I can find a store that has one with it removed or is willing to remove it to let me try it out.
post #60 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

I just Tried out the 1570 Last night and i have one thing to say about that guitar!

BRILLIANT! it felt amazing! i didnt get to try out the trem, but i could deffinitly play Faster/Better on it than on my SG. the only problem i had was my hands got kinda sore if i started playing Power Chords around the 1st-3rd Frets, is this something i can get Used to?

Tags
air norton , alder bodies , direct mounted pickups , edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , evo bridge , guitar shop , heavy metal , jem neck , les paul , local music store , monkey grip , mounted pickups , music store , neck dimensions , neck shape , paf pro , paf pros , pickup ring , pickup rings , prestige necks , prestige wizard , prestige wizard neck , pro tremolo , reverse headstock , rosewood fretboard , sam ash , super distortion , upper fret , upper frets , wizard prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode