RG2027 Custom Wiring Question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

RG2027 Custom Wiring Question

After wanting one for a while, I finally ordered an RG2027X which should arrive by Monday. *I'd like to custom wire the guitar however (along with replacing the stock pups which everyone seems to agree is necessary) to correct what I perceive to be two flaws of the design:
  • I'd like to install a stereo output jack (ala the Parker Flys and Fishman Powerbridge systems as I have in a Strat as seen below) so that I can then route the magnetic and piezo signals to different sources (POD Pro and Boss AT-5 Acoustic Processor) via a stereo Y cable.
  • I'd like to replace the mini two-way magnetic/piezo switch with a mini three-way switch to allow for simultaneous mag/piezo output.
Has anyone performed the above mods to a RG2027X and if so, does anyone have the wiring schematic? *Can anyone submit any thoughts as to why this wouldn't be a good approach?

Thanks,

Randy

http://www.lintzland.com/music/pictures/stratbd.jpg

(Edited by rlintz at 9:39 pm on Feb. 20, 2002)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 10:00 AM

Hmmm...where have I heard this before? *:biggrin:

There is no stereo switching jack available for your 2027...yet. *I'm working with a company to get it out into the market. *Soon, young Jedi....soon.

For how to wire up your 2027 as you desire, check out the two links below:

1. *http://jemsiteforum.com/discus/messa...html?975935453

2. *http://jemsiteforum.com/board/topic....&topic=404

Those should get you where you want to be regarding the piezo. *If not, let me know. *I'll get ya hooked up.

Replacing the stock pickups works just like any old regular guitar. *I'll suggest DiMarzio's. *:-)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Kevan,

Any luck in finding or getting someone to make a stereo barrel jack for the 2027??

Thanks,

Randy
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 09:55 PM

Yes, but it's a little ways away from coming onto the market.
Soon, young Jedi....soon. :lightsaber:
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 11:17 PM

I think maybe this dude doesn't realize, however, that the 2027 has 2 output jacks, thereby making a stereo jack unnecessary (I know what you have in mind is a tad different Kev) for routing the two outputs to two sources. rlintz, I have the 2027 and I route the mag signal to my digitech and the acoustic signal to my other digitech lol. It works great.

BTW, JUST got my guitar back and had the KJG mod done, and put the ever notorious DiMarzio Tone Zone 7 and AIr Norton 7 pickups in! Woo hoo! I'll go into detail on my 2027 update thread later (rlintz may want to read) after I've had a chance to listen to the guitar more.)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 12:11 AM

Wordwolf- Randy *does* indeed realize the two-jacks thing. LOL *He's just anxious to get it down to one jack (just like me). *

A review on the KJG Mod with the TZ7 and AN7 would be appreciated. *
Now get to playing!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 01:05 AM

If he realizes it, then why's he asking if anyone has done the patented KJG mod? Lol.. for that matter, if he realizes, how come he doesn't even know what it is? Oh well. Kevan, a question... with the DiMarzio wiring schematic, should I have 60 cycle hum on position 2 (Next click up from 5-way selector being all the back towards bridge?) I don't seem to remember it being there when I had the stock Ibby pickups in... it sounds pretty, and I have a noise gate, but man! I HATE 60 cycle buzz of doom.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

I resurfaced an old post that I made when I first bought my 2027. *I've yet to do the wiring mod as I'm going to combine it with new pup installation. *Again, I realize there are two jacks (it's kinda hard not to), I'd just like to get it down to a single stereo jack so that I can simply connect a single stereo cable (like Parkers and the Fishman equipped strat I already own) for ease in routing.

Thanks,

Randy
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 08:22 AM

It helps when ya look at dates! :doh: Doh!!! My apologies, Senor lol. The KJG Mod is nice, and a pickup change is cool, too. Altho! I have, (to most of the Jemsiters in the know, at least) the best replacement pickups for the 2027 (TZ 7, AN 7), and while I like 'em (They LOOK way cool. Got mine in black, and the chrome polepieces look schweet) let me tell you. The Ibanez pickups are not even NEAR as bad as some would perhaps make you think. I still have some listening to do, and while I like the DiMarzios, and I'll keep 'em, would I call them better? In a word, NO. I'd call them different. But the stock pickups (I have been playing for at least a LITTLE while ) do not sound bad at ALL in comparison. Was it worth the extra $180 total? Well, soundwise... we'll see. Lookwise, hell yes! Lol!

(Edited by Wordwolf at 8:25 am on Feb. 21, 2002)

Tags
air norton , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , ibanez pickups , parker fly , pod pro , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode