RG2027 output - How does it work? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

RG2027 output - How does it work?

Yo!

This is probably old, but cant find it.....

The question is can you plug in the 2 outs into a single amp in?

(Independant of whether you do the KJG Mod.)

Julio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 09:09 PM

RG2027 output

Julio, go Here

The 2027 falls under this category. Any other questions, just ask.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

RG2027 output

mmmm....

Had already been there. But if the answer is there I cant see it :doh:

Me tech-dumb !

Julio
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 09:06 AM

RG2027 output

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I believe the answer is yes, you can run both outputs to one amp. *These guitars have two outputs, A and B. *There is a toggle switch to select between magnetic and piezo output, and there is a push button switch. *When the push-button switch is in one position, the magnetic output comes out of Output A, and the piezo output will come out of Output B. *With the push-button switch in the other position, both outputs will come out of Output A. *However, you can only select magnetic OR piezo, not both at once.

So I think your answer is yes. *If the push-button is pressed in, you can use one cable from one output running to one amp, and then use the mini-toggle to select magnetic or piezo output to the amp. *Hope that answers your question.

I will add though, that the piezo sounds a lot better running through a separate acoustic amp, especially since it has no EQ of its own.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

RG2027 output

Thanks!

I understando now....
julio
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 12:05 PM

RG2027 output

Here's a link for ya:

http://jemsiteforum.com/board/topic....&topic=404

Enjoy!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2001, 07:01 PM

RG2027 output

Kevan, Got a question for you about the output of the 2027/ 2020,
I have the RG2027, and played a new 2020 side by side with my 2027, the outut,/volume and clarity of the acoustic sound is much lower/weaker on my 2027 than the 2020. I understand there is a gain control that can be adjusted inside on the board, can you perhaps explain what to do and not to do so I can adjust the 2027 to sound as awesome and alive as the 2020 does. I do understand every piece of wood is different,and 7 string tension is different than the 6 string, but this is quite a lage difference in the volume, clarity and attack of the Piezo tone.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 01:32 AM

RG2027 output

Rodney- there are a couple of factors that the trim pot can't help with. *Those are:
1. *Body woods/construction
2. *Pickup type/design/output

You're right when you say that the extra copper in the 7-string p/u's affect the tone and/or volume. *They most certainly will. *I'm not sure if you can get identical tone, but I can get your output level closer.

When you open the electronics cavity on the DE-equipped guitar, look for a little white-faced volume pot. *It's one of the flat ones with the tiny arrow that points to it's setting. *That is your gain adjustment for the piezo output. *It will NOT change anything regarding the magnetic pickups (even if you've done the KJG Wiring Mod). *You'll need to do some tweaking with the guitar(s) plugged in, but you should have comparable (if not matching) piezo outputs in under 10 minutes. *

To get matching outputs from the magnetics on each guitar, you'll have to shop around DiMarzio.com and find matching 6- and 7-string p/u's.

Psssst- Tone Zone & Air Norton in the 2020 would f-ing rock. :-)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 09:09 AM

RG2027 output

Thanks a lot Kevan, The Piezo Guitars are Awesome! If im able to keep my 2027 on this DNA quest, I will have a single coil in the middle and inlays installed, load it with Dimarzios and do the KJG mod. Now That would be one flawless machine at that point.

Peace and as we all know "Ibanez Rules"

Tags
acoustic amp , air norton , equipped guitar , kjg wiring mod , magnetic pickups , string tension , toggle switch , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode