RG2027 production halted - editorial - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 11:21 AM

RG2027 production halted

Ibanez should get a clue and get rid of every single TRS trem on any model. Edge and Lo-Pro's should be a choice and the standard for all Ibanez locking trem guitars. I'm sure most of us feel the same way and I know it will never happen but I believe they could if they really wanted to. Sure maybe it would up the price of every guitar that went from TRS to Lo-Pro's, but how much more?? 200 maybe? I dont' think any of us would *mind paying extra. Especially since any guitar, weather it's an S, an RG, a Jem, or even if they dared release a UV with the trs (that would bomb), usually the TRS is what keeps these guitars from being great. *Think about it...the RG7420 would be just like a 7620, and the S7420 would be worth buying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 12:19 PM

RG2027 production halted

I agree, Madwell... it should either be Edge/Lo-Pro or a good non-locking trem with locking tuners.
post #33 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 06:31 PM

Reviews: 2
RG2027 production halted

Darren,
That looks pretty good. I'm going to wait a while then get one. I don't want to take a screwdriver to my new guitar just yet. I'm going to play it in first. But it's good to know that about Duncans.

Although I don't know anything about them apart from the fact my old N3 had a really good sounding neck PUP which I was under the impression was a duncan.
post #34 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 01:36 PM

RG2027 production halted

I fell in love with the 2027 the moment I saw the first picture from NAMM (on Jemsite of course!). *Ibanez really had a great idea and I'm VERY disappointed that this guitar has been discontinued. *Ibanez took a gamble on such an innovative guitar and look what happened. *Glen has a good point and due to this we might not see much more of these types of guitars (from Ibanez) to come due to the poor sales.

I wanted place my order for a 2027 the day I saw it but I didn't have the money. *Recently, my financial situation has changed for the better and I'll have mine in about 2 weeks. *

Gabe
post #35 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 02:43 PM

RG2027 production halted

You lucky Dawg!
post #36 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 10:00 AM

RG2027 production halted

It seems a bit hypocritical to say that the reason for the discontinuation of the 2027 is because people only want signiture models, on a site that is based 90% on the Jem and Universe (read: signiture) models. Just a crumb for thought.
post #37 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 11:20 AM

RG2027 production halted

theres one on ebay right now
post #38 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
RG2027 production halted

Quote:
It seems a bit hypocritical to say that the reason for the discontinuation of the 2027 is because people only want signiture models, on a site that is based 90% on the Jem and Universe (read: signiture) models. Just a crumb for thought.
*I can see where you are coming from but that really is oversimplifying my editorial. The signature model slant is just one factor in it's poor sales. A sad marketplace reality in 2001.

Speaking of, the JEM/UV lineup has been around for 14 years now. When it began, the JEM wasn't supposed to be a 'Steve Vai guitar' according to Steve himself. I personally feel marketplace and player stigma both realities forced that issue of the JEM becoming a signature guitar. Either way you certainly didn't see me cheerleading Ibanez for all the recent 'collectable' jems such as the DNA.

It is worth mentioning that this entire site started as a small info site for JEM/UVs, which was lacking online. Accurate info and pics of all models. It has grown far beyond that with a diverse audience and is experienced by people far beyond 'hero worshiping' and rote 'signature model purchasing' which is a very good thing ...glen
post #39 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 12:04 PM

RG2027 production halted

Glen:
I personally appreciate all of the administrators hardwork. This site is very informational and user friendly. *As far as the 2027 is it very sad indeed. *Everytime I am in NYC I make it a point to go into Manny's Music and play the 2027. *The ones around here (Houston, TX) sell like hot cakes.
Out,
Gregory
post #40 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 05:03 PM

Reviews: 5
RG2027 production halted

I think there is good and bad to be seen in this event. *First the bad:

We the buying public have lost yet another good high end guitar, while Ibanez will probably issue another RG1XX model next year to cheers from GC.

The Good:

The innovations on the 2027 will not be thrown away. *You may end up seeing Vai or Satch integrate these ideas into their own models in the future.

For those who bought a 2027, congratulations *You purchased a limited production fine instrument.

And this may have taught Ibanez a lesson too. *Sometimes it doesn't matter how good your product is if you don't wrap it in the kind of package your customers want. *For that kind of money, it should have been offerred in a variety of colours. *And they could've spend the extra $$ on decent pickups. *I mean come on. *Anyhow, I'm sure we'll see the double-edge pop up again, maybe on an improved platform.
post #41 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 05:10 PM

RG2027 production halted

Quote:
Quote: from Pablo on 1:47 pm on Jan. 26, 2001
Has PRS released a cheap inferior <300 copy of a Santana because it would sell in droves NO! *Will we ever ? doubtful *(The irony is he has released a production version but it will be a superb guitar and is still >1500)
but you get my drift.
Well they have also a Korean made Santana SE (SE= Student Edition) priced approx £600, and the idea came from Carlos himself, as he wanted people to experience a quality PRS without the price tag.
You may think a Korean PRS would lack the afformentioned "quality", but according to Paul they have put together some of the finest Korean makers and given them strict quality protocols to work by, so I suppose we have to wait and see.

Quote:
Quote: from Pablo on 1:47 pm on Jan. 26, 2001
With Ibanez I felt that the intoduction of the cheap signature guitars was a poor move.

I actually thought this was a good move.
Plenty of people want a piece of their hero and it came for the majority in the form of the 555 and JS100.
You can't price people out of the game or they just look elsewhere, you have to offer them a viable alternative, either that or lose sales, and if the latter is the case then in the end we don't get JEM's/UV's.

It's a great shame that the 2027 has been discontinued as with my 30min experience with it I found it to be a fine guitar, but if Ibanez want to continue producing the high quality models, they have to have a broad appeal, and obviously the 2027 didn't have that.

Shame.

Steve
post #42 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 05:28 PM

Reviews: 5
RG2027 production halted

I agree that for the time being that Ibanez's business model can't survive without the budget priced knockoffs, however companies like PRS have proven that you can survive just by selling guitars of high price and quality.
post #43 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 09:54 AM

RG2027 production halted

I was, in no way, bashing this great site. This is a wonderful community, that I for one, visit several times a day.

Out of interest, I wander how many people who are complaining about the demise of the 2027, actually own one?
post #44 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 07:08 PM

RG2027 production halted

If you already own one, its not a problem.

I've long considered picking one up, and if I ever decide to, it will be a little harder now. I won't be able to find one new as easily, and there won't be as many at reasonable prices on the used market.

Also as a Ibanez fan, its disheartening to see them discontinue one of the more interesting guitars when there are so few in the current lineup that grab me.

(Edited by cmartin at 10:09 pm on Feb. 7, 2001)
post #45 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 09:26 PM

Reviews: 3
RG2027 production halted

I'm with mr Martin here... I have a 2027... so there's no "problem" for me... but it's still a shame to see them go.

Tags
acoustic amp , acoustic guitar , alesis midiverb , basswood body , blaze pickups , blue voodoo , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , bridge saddles , custom shop , dave weiner , death metal , dimarzio paf , ebmm jpm , ebony board , ebony fretboard , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , floating bridges , fret board , guitar mag , guitar shop , humbucking pickup , ibanez catalog , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez pgm , ibanez pickups , jimmy page , joe satriani , john scofield , john suhr , korean guitar , les paul , les pauls , locking tuners , mahogany body , maple fret , maple fretboard , marty friedman , neck binding , neck pup , parker fly , paul reed , paul reed smith , piezo bridge , piezo pickup , piezo pickups , pink floyd , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , reed smith , seymour duncan , signature guitar , squire strat , stainless steel frets , steel frets , steve vai , string acoustic , string guitars , sustainiac stealth plus , toggle switch , trem block , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode