RG2027 production halted - editorial - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 05:14 PM

RG2027 production halted

MadKeithV, they are selling those things in Europe. And they´re also selling J-customs here... bet ya didn´t know that!!!

OoDee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 01:00 PM

RG2027 production halted

The 2020x is still available in the States, and the 2027 is still available in Japan and parts of Europe, as Oodee said.
post #63 of 130 (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 02:01 AM

RG2027 production halted

Just wanted to include my two cents here. I want a 2027, don't have one, wish I did.
I bet alot of folks wish they did. Thats how the UV made a return, and the Les Paul, and many other classics. However, I won't kid myself. The UV and Les Pauls had alot of fanfair with them. The 2027 does not. It will become a collectable guitar, and we will not see them again anytime soon. I hate that, now I will subject myself to possible fraud by seeking one out on ebay. I will most likey overpay for one when and if I find one. Its the price you have to pay. Its alot like the FP jem. Jemsite says its not worth more than 850 used. But if you want one......be ready to pay more. I bought my Fp on ebay for 950 with shipping included. I was lucky. My Fp was perfect and without flaws, and I was dealing with a honest decent person. Many others are not so lucky.

Now

Lets look at that nice neck through RG Ibanez is offering us now. * Hmmmm Very nice guitar I expect.
I wonder how many years this will be offered to us? I bet just one year. With a $2000 list price and a failing economy................I think you better get em while you can. Just like the 2027 this guitar, i think, is doomed to a short lived run. Ibanez is a company like any other. The bottom line is profit. Not anything else. If resources spent on highend models yeilds little profit.......those resources will be relocated to areas where profit is evident. End of discussion. Period.
We all want to see the Highend models. We want to know that are favorite guitars are the best in the market. To make it a reality, we have to buy them. I wish that guitar building was all based on pride, however, economics rules the world, not quality. IF!!!, suddenly the only guitar Ibanez could sell was the Highend models, then things would change in a hurry. However, it will never happen. It did once to a company called Gibson, and the result was a drop in the QC and price increases of 400% within a 10 year span.....hmmmm. *Then again, lets keep those cheapys coming.
post #64 of 130 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 05:29 PM

RG2027 production halted

guys, come to europe, there are still sold!! and i think i must hurry if i want one!!
well, i think if this 2027x came with more colors, it would have been more sold... could sound stupid, but its a fact, vintage violin isnt good for every one. i dont even like it personaly, but i tried a 2020x a few ago, it was great, and so the with one string more, it can only be better! (i love 7s)
also, if ibanez thinks they are going to wake up the seven string market, i dont really think they are going to manage that with those K7! damn, they are hell expensive!! i tried one, well, theres a fat sound and... nothing else, no versatility, nothing except a stupid u-bar...
post #65 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 01:22 PM

Well, i'm probably the newest member to the 2027 club here, and i just can't understand how these things weren't selling. The tone is phenominal- a bit brighter than my RG-7620, but still full and deep- the notes sound "bigger," and the definition is quite a bit better (both have upgraded dimarzios, so that's not the difference). And the neck is so comfortable... Add to this the fact that this is flat-out the most attractive guitar i've ever seen- the grain is so rich. just gorgeous when the light hits it. I'm just glad i was able to get my hands on one- absolutely amazing guitar.

-Drew
post #66 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 06:50 AM

As simon(cerealk) and pablo might tell you, I have had a borderline unhealthy obsession with this guitar after getting my mits on one at jemfest last year to the point where I have had several crazy schemes to try to get my hands on one to no avail. They look a lot better close up than on the site/catalogue (I thought it was fugly till I actually saw one, nay, two!). I plays nicely and has that extra piezo on a very good double locking trem.

Don't have one, but do I want one? Yes. I feel this is going the same way as my UV7BK obsession I had and may take precedent over any other desperate purchases I need to make (like making the rack a proper rack unit )

Why it failed in my opinion? Colour options for one, no marketing for another (if it hadn't been for jemsite I'd have never known about it), no endorsement or artist playing a signature guitar with this option (face it, had petrucci still been with ibanez then I have a sneaky suspicion this might be part of his sig guitars). Add that to releasing a guitar aimed at non-korn/death metallers and you have a limited appeal. It doesn't hold too much sway with purists, and effectively the only market it was aimed at would be progressive musicians and to a lesser extent shredders. These people along with those looking for a guitar that could be used for 7 string acoustic stuff or novelty.

Not a big market really...

It's a shame, but I will own one someday.

And talking of which, anyone want a kidney?
post #67 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 05:52 PM

7 dying Trees, i am VERY glad there's an ocean between us.

I agree. This thing has one target audience; progressive shred. (nope, i can't quite call myself a prog-shred guitarist with a clear conscience, but goddamn it, i'm trying! ) Yeah, the peizo and mahoghany combo, and the gorgeous finish (i agree, soooo much nicer in person) would appeal to the classic rock/southern rock crowd too, but most of those guys wouldn't mess with a floating trem, and NONE of them would go for the 7th string. It's a shame; I suppose the peizo isn't a fundamental part of my sound at the moment, so there's always that possibility that one day i'll part with it... but i'm not counting on that. I guess what i'm saying is that one day this axe might not be my #1 guitar, but if that ever happens, it'll be #2. It's easily the nicest 7 i've played, if not the nicest guitar i've played.

-Drew

EDIT- actually, i'm pretty psyeched at the band that it looks like i might be starting with some people when i get back to school; As things stand, we've got a guitarist/vocalist who's into pink floyd on acoustic, me (heavy/progressive/shreddy rock) on lead, a few possible bassists and drummers, and a, yep, you saw that right, string quartet. I'm also hoping to see if they'll let a guy i know who's into turntables and sampling and the like add a few additional layers that way. It ought to be a REALLY trippy, ambient group. sorta like downtempo electronica-influenced, psychadelic melodic neoclassical metal. the peizo would ROCK there.
post #68 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 08:13 AM

Well as an ode to this guitar my dream of owning one may be coming true , watch this space

Just need to make a few decisions first though...
post #69 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 09:06 AM

oh really James....
post #70 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 10:38 AM

nice, dude. I strongly recommend it, not like you need someone else to try to talk you into it, lol. Keep me posted.

-Drew
post #71 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 06:54 PM

yay!

Tonight went and got myself one, it's got one problem with it, but I am sure it can be sorted out. (bought richardUK's one), but that's for another thread...

It's lovely

The neckis fantastic
post #72 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 05:39 AM

Nice one!

I'd like one as well. Any spare ones lying around in the uk, give me a call.

Will it be appearing at Jemfest?

Guy
post #73 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 11:36 AM

It'll be apparing at jemfest, with or without working piezo's

But it would be nicer with...

Now I have one I am not just pleased, am smitten , even with the piezos out of action it is a stunning guitar, both to look at and to play
post #74 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 12:17 PM

Reviews: 3
I think the 2027 had two things going against it. First off, it definately was a fated "high-end" Ibanez. But it was also very much a concept guitar. Ibanez wasn't just trying to market a no-name high end guitar. It was a no-name high end 7 string. Guitars traditionally only sold either to kids at a low price or because of the Steve Vai name.

Personally I think the 2027 beat the UV out bigtime. I'd much rather have Mahogany over basswood, the pickups weren't great, but seemed more lively than the Blaze7, the double edge was of course a huge selling point. Looks were fresh, subjective, but fresh. Yet the UV, with a higher price tag, outsells it. Funny.

Ah well, I know I'm late in this thread but I had to post something. Just seems a shame that all the cheap (or low priced) guitars out there force the few higher end items to become toast. Unless you are strictly upper-end it's hard to market anything with a near 4-figure price tag anymore. There are far too many companies offering similar guitars at sub $500 prices (Ibanez included). The majority of people just don't see the benifit of getting a better guitar.
post #75 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 04:15 PM

7 Dying Trees- congrats dude! It's an awesome guitar, i know just how you must feel. I was estatic for days.

What exactly is the issue with the peizo?

-Drew

Tags
acoustic amp , acoustic guitar , alesis midiverb , basswood body , blaze pickups , blue voodoo , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , bridge saddles , custom shop , dave weiner , death metal , dimarzio paf , ebmm jpm , ebony board , ebony fretboard , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , floating bridges , fret board , guitar mag , guitar shop , humbucking pickup , ibanez catalog , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez pgm , ibanez pickups , jimmy page , joe satriani , john scofield , john suhr , korean guitar , les paul , les pauls , locking tuners , mahogany body , maple fret , maple fretboard , marty friedman , neck binding , neck pup , parker fly , paul reed , paul reed smith , piezo bridge , piezo pickup , piezo pickups , pink floyd , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , reed smith , seymour duncan , signature guitar , squire strat , stainless steel frets , steel frets , steve vai , string acoustic , string guitars , sustainiac stealth plus , toggle switch , trem block , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode