RG2027 production halted - editorial - Page 6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 02:49 PM

wire was shorted, but got it fixed today. Just need tofix and redo the rest of thewiring now LOL!

Sounds very sweet ,although Iam not too keen on thePAF7 in it... the Evo7 is cool though...

:P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees
wire was shorted, but got it fixed today. Just need tofix and redo the rest of thewiring now LOL!

Sounds very sweet ,although Iam not too keen on thePAF7 in it... the Evo7 is cool though...

:P
Well, as i remember, you've got the evo in the neck and the paf in the bridge- Why not switch them? The 7-string Evo is really intended for bridge, and the PAF i hear is better in the neck than the bridge. Just a thought... (I think i remember seeing you post this somewhere...)

-Drew
post #78 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 09:19 PM

Ooops...Paf7 is in the neck already, a bit bland sounding really....

Anyway,I might as well show her off

It's not my room btw, far too clean , I love it too much

Why didn't anyone buy these?

why weren't they pushed harder?

It didn't fail because of quality issues I can tell you. The more Iplay it,the more I realise it's aninjustice it got discontinued...

It's solvedmy GAS for a while
post #79 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 07:25 AM

Those pics look VERY familiar, I'm gonna sue your ass for reproducing them without permission though. Best gimme one of your Universes before my solicitor calls

I'm glad the wiring fix wasn't too complex, look forward to seeing and hearing the guitar at Jemfest.

DON'T SCRATCH IT!!!!
post #80 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 08:32 AM

I'll trey not to scratch it , going to be doing the rest of the rewiring this evening, onto getting the electronics fully working

It's already had a new hole drilled in it, something I'd advise anyone else to do as well. ie: routing the piezo braided wire differently so it doesn't run along the strings

And then set her up as well
post #81 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 10:06 AM

Quote:

WUSS! Learn to play with a MAN'S setup!!
post #82 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardoUK
Quote:

WUSS! Learn to play with a MAN'S setup!!
LOL! Just you wait
post #83 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 02:08 PM

beautiful, dude.... darker and with a much more pronounced grain than mine, it appears... How's that evo sound in the bridge? i think the TZ in mine just doesn't have enough high end clarity, and i'm about to trade for an evo, but i'm just wondering what i'm getting into.

-Drew
post #84 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 04:45 AM

The evo is very clear. The only thing I have to contrast it to is the blazeII in my UV. Basically the blazeII is a rawer pick up than the evo. The evo is clear, defined and tight. Not as much gain as the 6string evolution, but still enough, also not quite as much trebliness to it, which I prefer as the evo6 is a bit too bright, but this may also be due to the difference in wood (evo6->jem(basswood), evo7(mahogony)). Not bad, Not sure I completely like it, but maybe because my setup is still geared towards the UV's...

It's nice, I quite like the evo7 in some ways although I am not too sure...
post #85 of 130 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 10:58 PM

I think its awful when a well made instrument is discontinued, I always have get the impression that "The Bar" has been lowered. Every one suffers as a result.
But I do have a question for you all. Putting aside things like nostalgia, the credibility added by having some very well made Signature models, and brand loyalty.
Do you think that Ibanez is in danger of pricing it self out of the market?
post #86 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-17-2003, 04:49 PM

Well after reading this thread and thinking about it I think I am going to try to snatch the first RG 2027 I see on the used market. I have a real problem with Floyds but maybe if I just spend more time tinkering with them I will understand how they work better. If Ibanez were to reissue any guitars, this would be my first choice.
post #87 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 07:36 PM

Hey guys... i know for sure RG2027XVV is still available here in Italy by Ibanez distributor Mogar Music (www.mogarmusic.it). In fact i just ordered mine and in a few days it's going to be in my hands! I can't wait. I never tried it, but i fell in love with it immediately when i saw the catalog back in 2001. All the good talking about it has obviously contributed to by 'obsession' hehe=)

If you want to buy one here and need information, please contact me via email or ICQ.

See ya all, bye!

GM
post #88 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 05:56 AM

The 2027 has the best 7string neck i've ever played: what a sweet profile. Now THAT's what i call a seemless transition from 6 to 7!!
It's also damn easy (I found) to get killer lead tones with it, even with the stockers. But I cant say as good for the low B riffing part. I should have listened to Drew before getting mine lol! actually, it goes like: one day i find a riff sound that suits me in the exact moment. Then, the day after, I cant stand it anymore: too midrangey, too loose, blah! I'm gonna try different bridge pickups hoping it will help. If not, it will just have to go...
post #89 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 01:46 PM
Ice

stealth

Just get the Sustainiac Stealth Plus then you have your sustainiac and a Humbucking pickup all in one.
post #90 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 07:11 PM

If I divorce myself from the happy emotion brought on by the swirl on my UV77MC, my 2027 is my favorite guitar for many reasons. i agree with jay about the wood. The piezos are novel and the overall tone is better to my ears.

I consider myself lucky. I have one of the first off the production line. I own the 2027 that was on display at NAMM the year they came out. Since I never sell my guitars, re-sale value is a mute point. i just think its special.

Tags
acoustic amp , acoustic guitar , alesis midiverb , basswood body , blaze pickups , blue voodoo , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , bridge saddles , custom shop , dave weiner , death metal , dimarzio paf , ebmm jpm , ebony board , ebony fretboard , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , floating bridges , fret board , guitar mag , guitar shop , humbucking pickup , ibanez catalog , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez pgm , ibanez pickups , jimmy page , joe satriani , john scofield , john suhr , korean guitar , les paul , les pauls , locking tuners , mahogany body , maple fret , maple fretboard , marty friedman , neck binding , neck pup , parker fly , paul reed , paul reed smith , piezo bridge , piezo pickup , piezo pickups , pink floyd , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , reed smith , seymour duncan , signature guitar , squire strat , stainless steel frets , steel frets , steve vai , string acoustic , string guitars , sustainiac stealth plus , toggle switch , trem block , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode