RG2027 production halted - editorial - Page 7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 07:23 PM

ergo,
I should concider myself lucky,
owning one of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 04:49 AM

I'm posting only to show my rg2027, bought 2 weeks ago....

(together with my rg2020x)
post #93 of 130 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 06:37 PM

I apologize if someone else has posted this already, I didn't have time to read all 90 something replies.......

this really is sad,true, and avoidable. If Ibanez would release more of their "Japan-market-only" models to us here at a FAIR price, maybe more people would jump on them. Granted it takes money to build, produce, and ship products, and all aspects have to be paid for<labor,R+D,shipping,tariff,taxes,shipping in country,and finally the store owner>. Paying for all of the above is not cheap, and of course we are talking about models which should not be a 300-400 USD purchase because of the quality, but some folks cannot afford a 2K and up purchase without taking out a major loan.

In closing, if there was a middle ground between pricing and releasing to our market in the US I believe it is posible to move away from 90% of the SIGNATURE models being produced. Of course MAJOR Players like Vai,Satch,Petrucci,Gilbert,ETC should really have models bearing their name, and not the flavor of the week on MTV.
post #94 of 130 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 08:42 AM

Reviews: 1
Being the eternal optimist that I am, ,...

If signature guitars are all we can look forward to moving forward I'm hoping to see re-issued UVMC's and the original 3 Jem colors at the next NAMM. Maybe even the cracked-mirrior Kiss Iceman again.

Look at the new Charvel VH models at over $3000.00.

With the resurgence of interest in 80's sytle guitars and shred playing they would sell every one made (IMHO........)

(at least I'd finally get my UVMC )
post #95 of 130 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 11:41 AM

i think for a lot of people, buying a 7 string means detuning, even experimenting with tuning. the floating bridge is a nightmare for these things. i can't stand the fixed bridge solutions either from ibanez. they really need to do a sweet string through with tone pros.

sales will pick up after that.

just look at the new SZ series ... if that is selling, they need to take that bridge and place it on the RG's. i would love to own a fixed bridge RG IF it had a tone pros or something similar.

anyone know how ESP's LTD SC607B is selling?
post #96 of 130 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 02:33 PM

i don't know about you guys, but a signature model anything turns me off. especially being a musician, where one tries to create their own unique identity ... why play someones elses guitar built to their specs and tastes?

for collectibility, i understand it.
post #97 of 130 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 02:22 PM

Help!!! I need a 7 strings guitar and I've found a UV777PBK and a RG2027. I can't decide cause the guitars are in different city, far from me, so I can't play both and then decide. Someone can explain me the difference of sound between these guitars and can suggest me ?
post #98 of 130 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 10:47 PM

UV777PBK - Black finish, mirror pickguard, UV neck w/Pyramid inlays, basswood body, 3 Blaze pickups (Hum/SC/Hum) w/5-way switching, Lo-Pro Edge tremolo

RG2027 - Vintage Violin finish (no pickguard), mahogany body, Prestige neck w/no inlays (somewhat thinner than UV neck), 2 stock Ibanez pickups (hum/Hum) w/5-way switching, Lo-Pro Double-Edge tremolo w/piezo bridge saddles (this is an acoustic guitar sound built right into the bridge, selectable by a mini-switch), stereo outputs, strap-locks

There ya have it. Depends what you are looking for. Both are good guitars. Switch the pickups on the Rg2027 and it's my choice (of course, I own it, so go figure... )
post #99 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 06:15 PM

Re: RG2027 production halted - editorial

[rant]
well, let's look at the other options that Ibanez so graciously offers to us...

NEW:

the K-7: Useless crap brought to you by the band that single-handedly destroyed the credibility of the seven string guitar. The only difference between this guitar and an Ibanez RG7620 is a u-bar bridge and lower-quality pickups. BAH!

the Universe: for about $2,000 you can go out and buy a guitar that isn't even neck-through-body. I'm not saying that the Universe is a bad guitar, but for the money, I'd expect it to be better assembled.

the RG1527(?) - Nice! A prestige neck, decent body, pickups that'll do until I change them...but an ugly color. It is, however, under $1000.

USED:

Various RG 7-strings: These are great for the money, if you can find one that hasn't been beaten to hell and don't mind changing the pickups for something decent.

the elusive seven string S series: I weep openly on a daily basis that they discontinued this axe. I love the S series, and I love sevens, so I clearly love this guitar. Too bad I can never find them for sale. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink.)
[/rant]

I am very upset about the stop in production of this axe. The world needs more seven strings.
post #100 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMH
[rant]

NEW:

the K-7: Useless crap brought to you by the band that single-handedly destroyed the credibility of the seven string guitar. The only difference between this guitar and an Ibanez RG7620 is a u-bar bridge and lower-quality pickups. BAH!

the Universe: for about $2,000 you can go out and buy a guitar that isn't even neck-through-body. I'm not saying that the Universe is a bad guitar, but for the money, I'd expect it to be better assembled.
The K-7 is not "useless crap". it's a rather fine axe actually just mispriced and designed with a horrible, horribly ugly inlay. Replace the "ubar" with a regular bar and it's an upscale RG7.

No JEM/UV or Strat for that matter are neck-thru so that's a rather lame argument also ....glen
post #101 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:03 PM

Quote:
[rant]
the elusive seven string S series: I weep openly on a daily basis that they discontinued this axe. I love the S series, and I love sevens, so I clearly love this guitar. Too bad I can never find them for sale. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink.)
[/rant]

I am very upset about the stop in production of this axe. The world needs more seven strings.
I bought one of the last S 7420 (black pearl) from the factory (or so I was told) in '03 and yes, it is a great guitar that they should've never discontinued. I love everything about it except the TRS which is slowly growing on me. Compared to my 7620 and UV it's my least favorite guitar and a couple of months ago, I was thinking of selling it but changed my mind. It's a great guitar overall.

They seem to be out there on e bay. I see them all the time. You should have no problem finding one. If you do get one, get the FM. IMO the FM looks alot nicer than black pearl.
post #102 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:09 PM

Quote:
[rant]

NEW:

Well, actually you're quite wrong. The K7 is mahogany, not basswood. Not better or worse, but definitely different than an RG7620. The pickups are DiMarzio PAF7's, which aren't better or worse than the "New 7" pickups in the 7620. I'd love a K7......without the hideous inlay.

Quote:
Neck-thru vs. bolt-on may be a valid debate, but build quality is not part of that debate. Just ask Tom Anderson or John Suhr.

I had a Carvin DC727, and now own an RG1527, and the quality is the same, regardless of how the neck is attached.

Quote:
the RG1527(?) - Nice! A prestige neck, decent body, pickups that'll do until I change them...but an ugly color. It is, however, under $1000.
To each their own. I think the royal blue is beautiful. Enough so that two of my guitars are this color.

Quote:
[/rant]

The S series 7 string, at least the 7420, was obscenely overpriced for a guitar with stock V-series pickups and a TRS trem. It's no wonder it didn't sell well. Someone on another board got one for a fair priced used, however, and wasted no time swapping pickups. The TRS performs well for him though.
post #103 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris20
I'd love a K7......without the hideous inlay.
My thoughts exactly!
If you could get them without the inlay i'd have one by now. And it's the only & string that Ibanez still sells that comes with a Lo-Pro trem as well.
They also have a lovely neck.

Apart from the inlay i think it's one of the best 7's Ibanez have made recently.
post #104 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:52 PM

As soon as someone clears out the K7's at a reasonable price (because, come on, it's inevitable...), I'm grabbing one and having a maple fretboard thrown on. It's got all the makings of a great project guitar...

*ahem* if you're DEAD set on a s-series 7, Rich Harris at the swirly banner above has a S5407 at what's a pretty reasonable price for one of those available - I might fight you for it, but I'm not much of a fan of black guitars (although, it'd look hot stripped and stained)

-D

EDIT - corrected model #, per Rich's comment below. Doh!

Last edited by Drew; 07-11-2005 at 08:25 PM.
post #105 of 130 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Vendor

They made a 7620MOL [mahogany oil] but of course it was $2000.

I think he was referring to the S5407

And of course there's always a J Custom 7 in production.

Tags
acoustic amp , acoustic guitar , alesis midiverb , basswood body , blaze pickups , blue voodoo , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , bridge saddles , custom shop , dave weiner , death metal , dimarzio paf , ebmm jpm , ebony board , ebony fretboard , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , floating bridges , fret board , guitar mag , guitar shop , humbucking pickup , ibanez catalog , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez pgm , ibanez pickups , jimmy page , joe satriani , john scofield , john suhr , korean guitar , les paul , les pauls , locking tuners , mahogany body , maple fret , maple fretboard , marty friedman , neck binding , neck pup , parker fly , paul reed , paul reed smith , piezo bridge , piezo pickup , piezo pickups , pink floyd , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , reed smith , seymour duncan , signature guitar , squire strat , stainless steel frets , steel frets , steve vai , string acoustic , string guitars , sustainiac stealth plus , toggle switch , trem block , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode