RG2077XL - problems - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation RG2077XL - problems

Hello there!
I have my Ibanez RG2077XL coming on the way and, as I can read on this forum (wich I joined 2 days ago) the guitar has some problems with the tuning.
As I was reading those topics about the guitar I was feeling like I made a bad choice buying the RG2077XL! I'm scared, because I'm going to spend some money with it, and I want it to be well spent.
Can anyone explain those problems?

Many thanks,
metallik_t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 05:39 PM

Re: RG2077XL - problems

I own 2077XL and I didn't notice any problems!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

hmm..good

Can those problems be related to the people's experience on guitar tunning? I mean, the guitar hasn't any problems, the problem is the experience of the player on the guitar tunning.

The first thing that comes to your head when you read those topics is "man, I just bought something I shouldn't"
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:35 AM

My RG1077XL has no tunning problems whatsoever.

Regards

André

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
My RG1077XL has no tunning problems whatsoever.

Regards

André
Yes, but the problem is exactly there. They say that the RG1077XL trem is more stable then the RG2077XL. The first one has a Lo Pro Edge, the second one has a Edge Pro II, I think.
Is the Edge Pro II really unstable?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:48 AM

It's the Edge PRo, not Pro II, as I recall.

The EP is fine, it's just you really want to run it with locking studs. Hit up Rich at www.ibanezrules.com - off the top of my head, I think it's like a $30 replacement or something, easily worth it.

After that, it should perform just as well as a Lo-Pro - it requires a good setup, but once you dial it in it's the stablest floyd-style bridge I've ever played.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 12:35 PM

I don't know why people are complaining. I've tuned my 2077XL to G so 2 steps down from normal 7string tuning and used a heavy gauge strings (12-68 baritones) and I haven't got any problems. I don't use trem a lot but still there was no problem.Maybe they've got some s^%$# not oryginal springs, diffrient gauge or lenghts, or maybe the knives aren't sharp and they didn't notice that when they bought their guitars... I don't know

and the EDGE PRO is on JEMs and JS ,and nobody is complaining and the seven string version is just the same.It's the same bridge that is used on RG1527!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Talking Re: RG2077XL - problems

Many thanks.
I'm truly glad to read that .
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikt
I don't know why people are complaining. I've tuned my 2077XL to G so 2 steps down from normal 7string tuning and used a heavy gauge strings (12-68 baritones) and I haven't got any problems. I don't use trem a lot but still there was no problem.Maybe they've got some s^%$# not oryginal springs, diffrient gauge or lenghts, or maybe the knives aren't sharp and they didn't notice that when they bought their guitars... I don't know

and the EDGE PRO is on JEMs and JS ,and nobody is complaining and the seven string version is just the same.It's the same bridge that is used on RG1527!
Yup the EP in my opinion is just as stable as a Lo-Pro when stock, but will have better tuning stability in the long run with locking studs.

You've got absolutly nothing to worry about metallik_t, the RG2077XL's are brilliant guitars. I was tring to get a RG1077XL myself and was really dissapointed when i couldn't obtain one. The people who have tuning problems are the newbies that don't know how to tune a floyd-style bridge and blame the guitar. Congratzs on the awesome guitar and could you possibly send some pics when you get it? have fun man
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 12:06 AM

No tuning problems with my 2077xl. Excellent guitar. Just make sure you stretch your strings good before you put them on.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Talking Re: RG2077XL - problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez.shredder
Yup the EP in my opinion is just as stable as a Lo-Pro when stock, but will have better tuning stability in the long run with locking studs.

You've got absolutly nothing to worry about metallik_t, the RG2077XL's are brilliant guitars. I was tring to get a RG1077XL myself and was really dissapointed when i couldn't obtain one. The people who have tuning problems are the newbies that don't know how to tune a floyd-style bridge and blame the guitar. Congratzs on the awesome guitar and could you possibly send some pics when you get it? have fun man

Once again, many, many thanks! It's a real relief!
Yes, I will post some pictures or I can send them directly to you when I get the guitar. The RG2077XL arrives tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks,
metallik_t
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallik_t
Yes, but the problem is exactly there. They say that the RG1077XL trem is more stable then the RG2077XL. The first one has a Lo Pro Edge, the second one has a Edge Pro II, I think.
Is the Edge Pro II really unstable?
It can't be an Edge Pro since the guitar is MIJ, it is an Edge Pro. The Edge Pro and Lo Pro Edge are more or less equally stable,l you might have a problem with the studs. Since they are non-locking on the Edge Pro bridges. Read the tech section at ibanezrules.com (banner above).

Regards

André

Tags
edge pro bridge , edge pro bridges , gauge strings , heavy gauge strings , locking stud , locking studs , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode