Rg2550 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Rg2550

Hi am new here

I am getting a RG2550E on Saturday and was thinking about changing pickups in the course of the next 6 months. I am in a metal/Heavy Rock band and need suitable pickups to fit in with the band. I play some rythm, but mostly lead and was wondering what the best pickups are for the job.

Was looking at Dimarzios, Seymour Duncans

Thanks

Phil

Last edited by Rocker1; 02-08-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:23 PM

Re: Rg2550

This is something I hear often from people who buy 2550s. The fact is, everyone's opinion is different of course, but you shouldn't really need to change the 2550's stock pickups since they are fine - certainly for hard rock and heavy metal. The DiMarzio/IBZs are good pickups. If you want to change however, most people go for Air Norton/Tone Zones, PAFs, Super Distortions or, in the case of the bridge pickup, an Evolution.

From what I hear the SD Full Shred is excellent too.

Good purchase I say - I have had my 2550 for just over a year now, it is an excellent guitar

Cheers

S87
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Re: Rg2550

Yeah saw g3 on DVD over the summer holls and saw Vais Jem and straight away looked for a guitar that was the closest and saw the 2550 and was amazed at how reasonably priced it was. I also really like the neck inlays on the old one (dots Will probably have Sims put some LEDs in) Shark tooth inlays are just a bit OTT

And is a fernandes sustainer FSK-401 worth investing in (Just for some experimenting) on my other guitar

If i was to buy the full shred bridge, what would be a balenced humbucker to go in the neck position

Last edited by Rocker1; 02-08-2007 at 03:35 PM.

Tags
air norton , bridge pickup , fernandes sustainer , heavy metal , neck inlay , neck position , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , shark tooth inlays , super distortion , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode