RG2620E - Rare or not really? How many made? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

RG2620E - Rare or not really? How many made?

Hi all,

I am looking at one of these tomorrow, apparently its in mint condition, its at a music store so I would assume trade in or new old stock.

I have never seen one for sale in my country, which has me wondering are they pretty rare? And if rare how many are there roughly?

It might sound silly but I like owning rare or unique guitars, even though I'm sure there is the same guitar in a normal finish for cheaper I really like the uniqueness of the finish, reminds me of a JPM.

So, would this be worth while buying? The store have it for $1200 AUD which is around $950 USD.

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG2620E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 12:25 AM

Reviews: 120
Re: RG2620E - Rare or not really? How many made?

I know that I've seen at least one of these at my local music shop here in Canberra. There's a few around, but I don't think they were overly commone, at least in Australia.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Ok thanks. I don't think I have ever seen one, I think I have seen more "rare" J customs around here then something like this RG.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

We had a fair few of these refusing to move off shelves over here, both in the grey and the blue.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 07:37 AM

Can't comment regarding the guitars popularity in Aus, but I see these for sale periodically here in the UK in the second hand market.

I personally would not call the guitar rare (although I have no idea how many were made), would say than a better description would be less popular/not as common.

Nothing like as hard to get hold of as JPM.

That said if you like the guitar/finish.

Just my thoughts.

All the best

RG Bargie
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 08:38 AM

I've seen one of those around here before. Not the prettiest guitar but it'S definitely different.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG BARGIE View Post
Can't comment regarding the guitars popularity in Aus, but I see these for sale periodically here in the UK in the second hand market.

I personally would not call the guitar rare (although I have no idea how many were made), would say than a better description would be less popular/not as common.

Nothing like as hard to get hold of as JPM.

That said if you like the guitar/finish.

Just my thoughts.

All the best

RG Bargie
Must just be over here there pretty uncommon then, thanks for the reply

Its funny cause I always thought the JPM's were rare but I always see a few on ebay at any given time, just very pricey (for obvious reasons).
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:40 PM

Quite a few of them here in Europe. Nothing rare I would say.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Rab

They made them for 2 years i think..2006 to 2008 but im 100% sure..They came with 2 colors..There is a blue one as well...
We had lots of these back in the day in my local music store..Definitely not rare but its Ibanez Prestige quality..
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Going by what others have also said it must just be here its not as common.

Haven't checked it out yet, might have a look during the week.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 09:07 PM

The blue ones were only made in 05 with dot necks, then the black in 06 with dot neck, then the black with sharkies in 07. So each version was only made for one year each. I have a blue one and it plays great, I happen to like how they look also.

Tags
prestige , rg2620

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode