RG2XXV - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

RG2XXV

Does anyone have some 'real world' pics of the new RG2XXV in yellow?.... They aren't out here in New Zealand yet, but im think of getting one and making a Kind of 777DY look out of it, pink pickups, green knobs etc..... Just keen to see what the yellow really looks like, as I got the RG1XXV in pink and it looks a lot different from the shots Ibanez posted.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Reviews: 11
Re: RG2XXV

It's an RG350M with a rosewood board and a brighter paint job.

That being said, the color is BLINDINGLY yellow.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM

Reviews: 21

I've seen it. It's as D.M.RG7620 describes... and not really close to DY.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 PM

Wink Re: RG2XXV

Just bought one saturday. the appearance of the yellow varies greatly in different lighting though. I cant post images cause im new but ...hehe.
Http. photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/400505_3704034200852_823847857_n.jpg

Make sure to check it over real well. Ive seen a lot of complaints about boack specks in the finish, etc. Finish on mine around the neck bolt holes is sloppy but front looks perfect.

I plan on taking this to gigs, hope everyone digs it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous Adam View Post
Just bought one saturday. the appearance of the yellow varies greatly in different lighting though. I cant post images cause im new but ...hehe.
Http. photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/400505_3704034200852_823847857_n.jpg

Make sure to check it over real well. Ive seen a lot of complaints about boack specks in the finish, etc. Finish on mine around the neck bolt holes is sloppy but front looks perfect.

I plan on taking this to gigs, hope everyone digs it.
Cheers mate, from what I have read the black dots come off with a bit of elbow grease?.... Mines on order, about 4 weeks away.... From your photo the colour looks similar to my 350MYE?.... Looks good tho.... Glad your happy with it!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 PM

I really havent been around any ibanezes besides mine and the pink version, sorry! I had no black spots either. It also has yellow inlays, on the front only...the side is still white.

Only thing is mine was the display at guitar center and they forgot to give me the tremolo arm :/ oh well, im outta town and ordered one off ebay....im kind of doubting guitar center will have one to give me when i get home.

Ive had a lot of fun with it
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Cool!.... I have the RG1XXV in pink.... Love the bright colours!.... Got a set of Dimarzios in pink coming for the yellow RG2XXV and some Fluro green knobs from Rich Harris..... Post pics when it's done!...... I would of thought the top dot inlays would be yellow too.... Strange!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode