RG3120 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

RG3120

Hello all, hope this is an ok place to post my questions. Note, I'm scared to death to deal with the bay as I would rather actually hold a guitar before buying, but I've been watching this 3120 and would love to add one to my line-up..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130967165375...9#ht_99wt_1157

Looks to be in great condition. Do these come up often? Curious if anyone has picked one up lately and what everyone thinks a good price spectrum for them is. Also wondering about how similiar this wizard neck feels vs my 08 1570 (Wizard Prestige)..

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 AM

Re: RG3120

Meh, I'd hold out for a red one
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 02:12 AM

Should be a very good guitar.. At least mine is and feels good in the hands. If you know other Ibanez guitars then this should feel familiar.. Neck may be a little thinner and narrower that nowadays models. But 850 is a little much and the volume and tone knows don't seem to be original.. You could ask about those. I would buy it more for 750. As for the twilight blue color I think it looks great!
I would always buy a guitar stock though.. Who knows what else may have been tampered with. And that guitar has been upgraded but we'll that's just me
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 03:24 AM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarspeaker View Post
Hello all, hope this is an ok place to post my questions. Note, I'm scared to death to deal with the bay as I would rather actually hold a guitar before buying!
that's exactly how I feel...lots of people have had success with evilbay but I just can't bring my self to buy a guitar from the bay...I need to touch it and try it out first but I guess it depends on whether you are buying a collector and/or investment piece or if you are buying a player... Again the bay works for lots of people but it scares me when it comes to buying a guitar..
I did see a very similar model here on CL and it was listed at 799 but it also had the bridge pup replaced with a new Suhr Aldrich humbucker so $850 might be a little on the high side...

Tags
prestige , rg3120

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode