RG321MH - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

RG321MH

I think that's the right model name...anyways

I played one of these today, not plugged in, but still, very nice guitars And at the price they go for, far more than worth it. The thing I really noticed though was how light it was That's the lightest guitar I've ever picked up (even lighter than the S-series that was near it).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 06:27 AM

i own the MH finish from the SZ series but it's not light-weight for sure... anyway i'd LOVE to own the 321MH...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 08:38 AM

I played one when it first came out, the local store got one in. I really wanted to get it, but didnt have the money at the time. I really liked it, and thought that with a change of pickups and maybe some new tuners and a new bridge, it would be an amazing axe, one of the best. That is probably going to be the next thing I get once my amp-age is sorted.
I was very impressed.

Gary - The.Godfather
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

If I find out that I have no use for my 7-string (god forbid) in my new band, I may trade it for an RG321MH and some new pickups for it as I'll need a second 6-string.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 04:16 PM

I usualy Find the workmanship that goes into the bodys and necks of cheap Ibanez are excellent for the money payed, with the only thing needing to be changed being the pickups.

I played an RG270 Unplugged for a good half hour once liking the sound of the body and the body/neck pairing. Only when I plugged it in it had these ungodly bad pickups in. I imagine a 321 without the bad pickups and the hell of TRS trem would be a nice tool to play.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Yea, unplugged, this had to be one of the best playing guitars I've ever felt.

Though I do remember the body edges being a little rough for my tastes, but I could be wrong there.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 12:38 PM

I have one of these guitars, very very sweet axe. I dropped in a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck, and will soon replace the stock tuners with Sperzel trimloks. The knobs have also been switched out for white strat-style knobs since the pics were taken.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 12:42 PM

Oh, and yes it is a fixed bridge, string through body. It is somewhat light, especially compared to my Schecter C1+ (very Les Paul-PRS-ish, mahogany/maple body set neck), but the body is mahogany not basswood. I love the way the DiMarzios sound in a mahogany body.

Tags
air norton , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , fixed bridge , les paul , mahogany body , playing guitar , style knobs , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

rg321mh are they f spaced

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode