RG3250MZ - Vendor Insight Requested - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

RG3250MZ - Vendor Insight Requested

I played one (RG3250MZ) over the weekend... What a FABULOUS instrument!!!

It has the thinnest neck I ever played.. Even thinner than my RG770DX Reissue...

It felt like there was NO radius on this finger board..

I also played the RG3570Z... and according to the Ibanez website all of the specs between the 2 models are the same with the exception of the finger board...(maple vs rosewood).. But when I alternated between the 2 there was an obvious difference... The RG3570Z felt like it had a thicker neck...

Can anyone else confirm this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:29 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: RG3250MZ - Vendor Insight Requested

I'm no vendor, but I have two RG1420F anniversary guitars - one black haze the other red flame. They are supposed to be identical minus the color. Both should have 18mm 1st fret and 20mm 12th fret thickness. Well, the neck on the black haze model is the thinnest neck I've ever played, and is thinner than the red one. It is really obvious. In fact, this black haze guitar neck feels thinner than my PGM100RE, which is supposed to have the 17mm and 19mm neck dimensions. I think it really comes down to individual guitars and the fact that the necks must be shaped by humans in the final stages.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Wow really??

I would be surprised that there would be that much variation between the same model..

Very interesting.. BTW the RG3250 is 17mm on the 1st and 19mm on the 12th...

Oh yeah I played the Orange 2012 model with dot inlays... Also the access the upper frets were ridiculously easy to play...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 AM

I know I'm ridiculously new to the site, but I'm hoping by the end of the week my RG3250 will be here, I bought the orange one. I've been GASing over this guitar for months and finally convinced my wife to let me buy it. I will definetely do a NGD here when she arrives.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 AM

I saw a 3250 way up on the wall out of reach a few weeks ago at my local guitar store. I thought it might be a used RG550 reissue because of the bright orange color. Asked the salesperson what model it was. "Oh, you don't have to get it down." Next thing I know I'm in the amp room playing it. It was pretty awesome. Good choice if you bought one!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 03:20 PM

My RG3250 will be here Friday! I can't wait!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apadua View Post
I played one (RG3250MZ) over the weekend... What a FABULOUS instrument!!!

It has the thinnest neck I ever played.. Even thinner than my RG770DX Reissue...

It felt like there was NO radius on this finger board..

I also played the RG3570Z... and according to the Ibanez website all of the specs between the 2 models are the same with the exception of the finger board...(maple vs rosewood).. But when I alternated between the 2 there was an obvious difference... The RG3570Z felt like it had a thicker neck...

Can anyone else confirm this??
I'd have to say that the 3570 that I played had one of the best, if not the best necks that I've ever had the pleasure of playing on. It was the best of any Ibanez I've ever played, and while I was shopping for a new guitar I played quite a few.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 02:49 PM

Well I got my RG3250MZ last Friday and man is it awesome, the neck on it is ridiculously thin and fast. I'm gonna do a NGD on it as soon as I get to 10 posts. Which is kinda aggravating because I had a NGD typed out with pics, and when I hit "submit" it informed me of that. But it's coming, I promise.

Tags
rg3250mz , rg3570z , rg770

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode