RG350 = new rg450??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

RG350 = new rg450???

I was going to buy the rg350dx this monday but today I went to the ibanez site and saw that the rg 350/370 doesnt exist any more, and in their place I found the 450/470 witch are somehow the same guitars!!!
does any of you guys know what the differences between the old ones and the new ones are? I saw that the 350 wore the inf3/infs3/inf4 and the new ones have the inf/infs/inf. are the pickups the only difference? should i wait untill i find the 450 in a shop or somewhere online or should i buy the 350??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 09:36 AM

Re: RG350 = new rg450???

Mike:

Ibanez's site wont load for me right now for some stupid reason, but the one thing I remember off the top of my head is that the 450/470s dont have the Zero point system like the 350s do.

EDIT:

They also have the wizard III necks standard. Other than that I cant see much of a difference.

Last edited by MatiasTolkki; 01-26-2013 at 09:53 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

is the edze zero better without the zero point and if yes why??? and whats the difference between the wizzard iii and the old neck? i am confused...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Thrash View Post
is the edze zero better without the zero point and if yes why??? and whats the difference between the wizzard iii and the old neck? i am confused...
Well with a floating bridge like the Edge zero (or any Edge , or floyd rose bridge) The ZPS makes it easy to adjust the bridge to proper height. You just push a little wheel on the back of the guitar. Without it, you need to use a screwdriver to adjust the spring tension, and it takes ALOT more time to do it. I can change my strings and deal with my spring tension in like 40 minutes or so now, without the ZPS, it'll probably take me an hour until I get the hang out it.

The Wizard necks are the thinner necks that are typically used on any Ibanez guitar from the Premium, Prestiege, and J Custom lines. The are now providing a thinner neck for cheaper guitars to make them more attractive to people.

One last point about the ZPS: Without it, they can sell the guitars for cheaper, making guitars that are better made and better quality than the Gio series more easily accessible to new guitar players.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
One last point about the ZPS: Without it, they can sell the guitars for cheaper, making guitars that are better made and better quality than the Gio series more easily accessible to new guitar players.
i am probably going to buy the 350 with the zero point before it's to late... i dont think there are any diferences that i can notice, its a lot easier to adjust the springs and its my first guitar with a tremolo so i'll choose the easy way...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Thrash View Post
i am probably going to buy the 350 with the zero point before it's to late... i dont think there are any diferences that i can notice, its a lot easier to adjust the springs and its my first guitar with a tremolo so i'll choose the easy way...
My first guitar was a Gio Ibanez GRX40, but i soon got tired of the terrible pickups and bought a 350EXZ (In Japan, they have a Z added on to the 350ex and dx). My friend bought the RG1XXV Desert yellow and I hated that his pickups sounded better than my 350s, so I put Dimarzio Evolution pickups in it so my EXZ would sound better than his at an overall lower cost lol

I recommend the 350 for a first try with a tremolo. Even if you screw something up, it wont be a huge hit to the wallet (vs prestige or J custom). Personally, I like the necks on the 350s, they feel smooth and easy to slide up and down. Personal taste, but It's a good guitar for the price. Some people may say buy something more expensive if you have the cash, but I think a good starter is the 350 line.

The thing that bothers me is that the 450s havent been announced for Japan yet (only the Iron Labels and all the different signatures so far) but I REALLY want to try out the 450s and see how they are.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 PM

Reviews: 2

They are the exact same guitars.............

The wizardIII is the same neck as the WizII that has always been in use on the RG3xx/4xx line since the beginning. The necks are better built than they were in the '90's, but they have the same specs and looks.

@Mike_Thrash: Are you looking at the Ibanez Greece website? It looks to me that you only have the 350 DXZ/EXZ available to you. I only see the 450M on the USA site.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

yeah we stil have the 350 i thought i was at the ibanez greece site but somehow i ended up at the usa site i have no idea how... thnx for reminding me

Tags
rg350 , rg370 , rg450 , rg470

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode