rg350m-ye any good ??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

rg350m-ye any good ???

evening fellas.so im after a new guitar but havent got a lot to spend 400.ive been looking at this rg350m looks like desert yellow but not sure.so what are those infs3 infs4 pickups like ??? are they any good.and whats the edge111 trem like ??? heard bad things about this trem,deffo dont want this guitar if it cant stay in tune.also does the guitar have good sustain,normaly cheap guitars havent got very good sustain.ive seen one of these guitars in a store near me but havent had time to try it out,thought id ask advice from you guys first as your spot on with advice.the price for this rg350m is 297.cheers guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:50 PM

Reviews: 15
Re: rg350m-ye any good ???

The first thing I did with mine was to swap the pickups out for Evos. IMHO, the INF set are perfectly decent for the money, though. Far better than a lot of "budget" pickups I've used.

The guitar itself seems very well made. The neck pocket is snug, the routing is clean and everything fits together like it should. I sanded the neck back to get rid of that nasty, sticky feel but the neck itself is very good. Tidy fret ends, good finishing and a surprisingly nicely figured fretboard :

Others may have had problems but the Edge 3 on mine has been faultless. It holds tune perfectly and feels great in operation. Not up to original Edge standards, obviously, but it's smooth and works fine. The 350 has had more play time in the last 12 months than any of my other guitars and I'm aggressive with the trem. If it didn't work properly, I would have changed it by now.

The yellow isn't as neon as Desert Yellow but it's pretty bright all the same. Comparison to my '89 DY S540 :

In summary, I'd definitely buy another.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

cheers for that mark.top man
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:01 PM

I have mine completely stock and I love it. I'm going to change out the bridge pickup soon (only use the bridge anyway) but I got mine new from guitar center for about 370USD and it plays perfect.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 AM

Yeah! They're great guitars! I didn't really like the INFs so I switched em out for a Tone Zone (B), Fast Track 2 (M) and a D-Activator X (N). I've never had one single problem with the Edge III. I dive the hell out of it at times and it's never gone out of tune. Very solid. The Wizard II neck took me a little while to get used to, but now I love it. I think if you go with the 350MYE you'll be very pleased. I love it! Here's mine:

And here it is in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWKsy-qCgiE

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:15 AM

Reviews: 1

Awesome guitar. My main axe these days since I put a ToneZone in the bridge and an Evolution in the neck, voluem and tone knob were also changed (not on the pic) for a more RG550 look. After a year, no issues with the Edge III. I also added a Tremol-No to it.

More pics here: http://picasaweb.google.ca/jbaubry/M...eat=directlink

Now, if Ibanez could release a green version of it.

Last edited by BenoA; 05-28-2010 at 08:16 AM. Reason: typo
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:33 AM

Yeah! We should start a thread in the comments to ibanez section, I definetly want to see more neon RGs! Especially a Green one!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Banned

i bought a rg350mye today.hey im very very surprised with it,theres nothing wrong with it what so ever.plays n feels nice,those stock inf pups are not bad,better than ibanez/dimarzio pups that you get in prestige guitars.i only paid 200 for it,its mint with tags.its way better than jackson dkm2 guitars that are around same price.i must appologies to tobias because i aranged to buy his rg550,bit naughty of me to change my mind but this dude who i bought rg350 off only lived a few streets away.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob777vdy View Post
those stock inf pups are not bad, better than ibanez/dimarzio pups that you get in prestige guitars.
Huh, now that's saying something...
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
Huh, now that's saying something...
well lets be honest its not like im comparing inf pups against evo paf-pro lol,its only ibanez/dimarzio pups.id get a better tone out of my a s s lol
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
well lets be honest its not like im comparing inf pups against evo paf-pro lol,its only ibanez/dimarzio pups.id get a better tone out of my a s s lol
I've never played the IBZ/Dimarzio pups before so I don't know what they're like. I just find it interesting that the standard issue pups on a ~$300 guitar are potentially better (or at least preferred) than the ones on a ~$1000 guitar.

I have the INF1/2's on my RGT42 (as opposed to the INF3/4's on the RG350/321). I'm not decided yet on how I feel about them. I'm very tempted to try the Air Norton/Tone Zone combo everyone raves about.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
I've never played the IBZ/Dimarzio pups before so I don't know what they're like. I just find it interesting that the standard issue pups on a ~$300 guitar are potentially better (or at least preferred) than the ones on a ~$1000 guitar.

I have the INF1/2's on my RGT42 (as opposed to the INF3/4's on the RG350/321). I'm not decided yet on how I feel about them. I'm very tempted to try the Air Norton/Tone Zone combo everyone raves about.
yeah i fancy the tone zone/air norton combination myself.i had a rg2550z fitted with ibanez/dimarzio,each to there own opinion but i thought they were ****e simple as.now this rg350m ive just bought today the pups arent high end and there is lightyears better,but i do find em better than ibanez/dimarzio,for the price range this rg350 is a cracking little guitar.if it was rubbish id be the first to admit but really its ok.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Loving the desert yellow S540 in the 2nd pic
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

ive had a good 7-8 hours playing this rg350m-ye since yesterday.its easy the best low-middle range guitar ive ever played,beats the jackson dkm2 that i had easy and jackson performer.best 200 ive spent in a long time.as for the pups i will eventually change them,only because i get bored easy and fancy a change.the edge111 trem seems ok aswell,having said that im not a big whammy bar abuser.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
ive had a good 7-8 hours playing this rg350m-ye since yesterday.its easy the best low-middle range guitar ive ever played,beats the jackson dkm2 that i had easy and jackson performer.best 200 ive spent in a long time.as for the pups i will eventually change them,only because i get bored easy and fancy a change.the edge111 trem seems ok aswell,having said that im not a big whammy bar abuser.
my son has claimed it for his birthday lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode