RG370dx neck finish, same as the RGT42dx? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

RG370dx neck finish, same as the RGT42dx?

Hi! I'm thinking of buying a Ibanez RG370DX, but there isn't any stores around who sell them so I have to buy it over the net. I have also considered a RGT42dx but I realy dislike those finished necks wich the RGT42 has got. I've checked out some pics of the RG370 neck and it looks like they dont have this finish wich makes the neck feel kind of "sticky" and slows down my playning, but is this true or is the picktures fooling me? Does the RG370DX have the same "stikcy" finish as the RGT42dx? I must be 100% shure about this, because if it's just the same I'll buy the RGT instead...

P.S Sorry about my bad english, hope you will understand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 06:21 PM

Re: RG370dx neck finish, same as the RGT42dx?

Your english was actually pretty good. I own an RG370DX and it most certainly does NOT have a finished neck like the RGT42DX. That factor turned me off from that guitar as well, but I LOVE my RG370DX and have modded it to my liking.

But here's the proof:

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! How is the upper fret access on the 370 when it doesn't have the neckthru? Still just as fast and easy to play as the RGT?

Nice guitar btw
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 02:30 AM

I'm not a big fan of the neck-thru construction in the first place unless it doesn't have a finished neck. And even then, I never really notice a difference in upper fret access. I'm the lead guitarist of my band so I'm all up and down the fretboard and it's really easy with the neck on this guitar. It's not as easy on my S470DX with 22 frets in the upper register but that's probably just because the frets are in a slightly different place when you go from a 22 fret neck to a 24 fret neck.

Tags
fret access , fret neck , upper fret , upper fret access

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode