RG3XXV Questions - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

RG3XXV Questions

Now I understood from another thread that its against the rules to say what model the RG3XXV will be, or might be, so I wont say what I think it will be. But some of us have a pretty good idea what it might be. I just have a few questions about it, maybe some of you know a bit more about it as I do.

Any idea on the date it will come out? I heard 3rd quarter, so Jully-September?

I heard it would be cheaper then the current RG1XXV, as the RG1 is Premium. Any truth to that, does it look like the price would be cheaper than the RG1? not Premium?

Also, any one know if the bridge will be a Edge Zero, I read it might be a EdgeIII.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 PM

Re: RG3XXV Questions

This was the only thread I could find on the RG3XXV, so excuse the bump.

I was looking for a prestige maple neck, and it looks like someone is somehow selling an RG3XXV neck on the bay. Is it fake, or a proto or something? Item no. 280870097786.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 PM

If you look at the back of the headstock there is a sticker that says "RG3XXV" so its not that the seller really mis-labeled the title BUT the neck is from a RGR465M Candy Apple Red.
The seller is also from Indonesia which is where the RGR465Ms are manufactured so....
I don't really get the sticker on the back of the headstock but it did get me pretty excited for a minute too.
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 AM

RG3XXV? I'm still waiting for the RG2XXV to show up. It's already almost May!
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 02:12 AM

This pretty much confirms all the suspicions. It also does look like it could be a real RG3XXV neck since the S1XXV has the same type of sticker on the back of the headstock as well. I'm still surprised they haven't announced the RG2XXV yet though...*shrug*
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfistx View Post
RG3XXV? I'm still waiting for the RG2XXV to show up. It's already almost May!
+1

Jason
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machino View Post
This was the only thread I could find on the RG3XXV, so excuse the bump.

I was looking for a prestige maple neck, and it looks like someone is somehow selling an RG3XXV neck on the bay. Is it fake, or a proto or something? Item no. 280870097786.
So I just got this neck you asked about last night in the mail and I can say 100% that it came off a 465M. I specifically wanted it for that reason since it has the specs I like with the 400mm fretboard radius.
I was really hopin that when you first asked this and put up this post you weren't going to be starting a bidding war!! I was the only bidder and got it for about $165 and it will be going on my new custom.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisj23 View Post
So I just got this neck you asked about last night in the mail and I can say 100% that it came off a 465M. I specifically wanted it for that reason since it has the specs I like with the 400mm fretboard radius.
I was really hopin that when you first asked this and put up this post you weren't going to be starting a bidding war!! I was the only bidder and got it for about $165 and it will be going on my new custom.
Nice! I still feel like they're the RG3XXV since the markings near the serial number are the same as for the non-prestige S1XXV. I was really hoping that since the surprise was spoiled that they'd change it and make it a premium XD But nevertheless, I'm saving up for one of these babies!! How is the quality and fretwork on the neck? I was hoping these would be slightly better finished/higher quality than the standard line, but from the looks of the S1XXV it is just standard quality.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Reviews: 21

LMAO at this thread.
Maybe Ibanez took them all out back to spray paint them black to get back at the internets - hence the delay.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dres_x View Post
Nice! I still feel like they're the RG3XXV since the markings near the serial number are the same as for the non-prestige S1XXV. I was really hoping that since the surprise was spoiled that they'd change it and make it a premium XD But nevertheless, I'm saving up for one of these babies!! How is the quality and fretwork on the neck? I was hoping these would be slightly better finished/higher quality than the standard line, but from the looks of the S1XXV it is just standard quality.
Upon inspection I really like the work on it so far. Frets look pretty damn good. I'll admit not as good as a Premium with the smooth edges but I think the guy doing my setup can come close to copying that one.
Won't know 100% until it's all slapped together. It is the only Ibanez neck though that matches the specs I love from guitars like Guerilla and Ibanez high ends - 400mm radius which is damn near flat, and width and thickness are spot on for me. A bit wider than the wizards.
Got the EMGs, the Gotoh tuners are in the mail as are all the accessory parts such as knobs, toggle switch, etc. Only thing left to buy is the trem and going for the Germany made Original Floyd.
The red dots and reverse head stock does look pretty slick on the RG350DX quilted red maple too.
Soon enough.
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 AM

A little something like this except I'm going flat black on the parts and of course EMGs instead of Dimarzios on this one. Don't really care for cosmo black.
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 06:01 PM

I won't post a link as I don't want to break any rules, but the profile/overview page is up on the ibanez website which I just stumbled upon using google. I would guess that means that they are either about to announce it, or somebody made a bad mistake and made the page viewable when it shouldn't be.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 06:12 PM

I started a thread on the Sevenstring forum about these can't wait!
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 06:15 PM

I'm still waiting for RG2XXV to come out.
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 PM

Reviews: 120

There's an online store already advertising them, although they are stating out of stock at the moment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode