Ibanez JEM Forum banner

RG450M MII - worth buying?

Tags
rg450m
1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Metal-Box 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have been playing my MIK RG170 a lot over the last few weeks, I am really digging the maple board and wizard 3 neck.

I have noticed you can still buy the RG450M with a maple board in the US, but conveniently not in OZ anymore :(

Even after shipping its only going to be about $580 AUD to get one, so I am really tempted to buy one, they come in some pretty rad colors.

My concern is that my RG170 is MIK, but the Rg450M is MII, so is there a big quality decrease with the MII guitars?

#4 ·
Hi all,

I have been playing my MIK RG170 a lot over the last few weeks, I am really digging the maple board and wizard 3 neck.

I have noticed you can still buy the RG450M with a maple board in the US, but conveniently not in OZ anymore :(

Even after shipping its only going to be about $580 AUD to get one, so I am really tempted to buy one, they come in some pretty rad colors.

My concern is that my RG170 is MIK, but the Rg450M is MII, so is there a big quality decrease with the MII guitars?
If you wanna go Indo 4XX series, order one of these from here in Japan:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/383955

Sure, it's not a maple board, but it has Duncan Ibanez pups, the first time these have been out in a long time and the colors are interesting at least. they cost a tad more than a 450, but the stock pups are probably better than the INFs.

#5 ·
Thats a pretty good deal for a new RG. Direct mounted pickups and a stable trem. If the Duncan Ibanez humbuckers are the same as the ones that came in the SZ models a few years back, they are good sounding pickups. They were basically a HB-103B Distortion in the bridge and a HB-101N '59 in the neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.