RG4EX1 Guitar Center Exclusive - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

RG4EX1 Guitar Center Exclusive

I bought one back in Feb. I took two pics of it today. Only mods I did to it were doing two springs in an arrow formation, removing the truss rod cover, and installing Bill Lawrence L-500R/L-500XL.

P.S. My camera sucks

Last edited by neptoess; 06-06-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Re: RG4EX1 Guitar Center Exclusive

it plays pretty good, i tried a jackson DK2 and the jackson played a tad bit better but I think all this needs is a good fret leveling. Not to mention the jackson had a huge blocky heel and a horrible trem. This thing plays pretty nice and there's some minor buzz but I need to add some relief to the neck, and eventually get my frets leveled. Pretty nice for ~420. HSH, Edge III, Basswood w/ Quilt Top, 3 pc maple neck, sawtooth inlays.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 11:27 PM

Reviews: 6

Glad you're enjoying it. Looks like a great guitar and those bill lawernce pickups must give you plenty of out put.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

mhm. pinches on the neck pup are quite common for me now

Tags
fret level , fret leveling , maple neck , neck pup , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode