RG520 project, wizard II neck, and Edge III don't fit. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

RG520 project, wizard II neck, and Edge III don't fit.

I have 4 Ibanez guitars, and I already know I like the Wizard II neck, and decided to start my first Ibanez Project Guitar.

RG520QS project

Goal: RG520QS painted white(done)
Install Ibanez Edge Pro.
Install Wizard II neck(white headstock, white inlays, white binding)
Install all black hardware.
Install my favorite SD Bridge pickup.

I have obtained an RG520QS body off evilbay.

I bought a donar guitar off evil bay for the Wizard II neck, and black hardware. (RG350DX)

First Problem:
Edge III studs don't screw into stud inserts
I found a great thread on routing compatibility hear
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/ed...olo-68062.html
but no info on the stud/stud insert sizes
So I go to put the Edge III on it for now, until I get an Edge Pro and the trem studs are way to small and fall right down into the threads, so either the original Edge had much bigger studs and stud inserts than what the Edge III uses, or there aftermarket?

If the Edge Pro trem studs will screw right into the original Edge Stud inserts that would be good, but I have not been able to find the spec's of the Edge Pro. I found the manual of the Edge, and Ege Lo Pro on Ibanezrulz, but not the Edge Pro
Does Anyone have a link to the manual with detailed spec's including the stud insert diameters of the Edge Pro? Or can someone tell me if the Edge Pro Studs will screw right into the Original Edge Stud Inserts?
Are the Edge Pro, and Edge III Tremelo studs and stud inserts the same? Are the OFR studs and inserts bigger?

2nd problem:
The Wizard II neck will not screw on, the neck fits into the pocket but the screws do not line up with the screw holes in the neck. I thought any AANJ neck of the same scale/frets would fit on any body with the AANJ but I guess not. I did alot of searches but didn't find any neck compatibilty thread. Is it because the RG520QS is made in japan, and the Wizard II neck I got for it off a RG350DX is made in Indonesia(as printed on the back on the headstock)

If I get a wizard II neck off of a Made in Japan RG will it then bolt on with no mods?
If someone knows of some RG models with Wizard II necks' that will bolt on is there a thread with Neck compatibility of the various necks/bodies?

thanks

Last edited by 22629; 12-08-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: RG520 project, wizard II neck, and Edge III don't fit.

MIK AANJ are different from the MIJ ones, that's why the don't fit in
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 03:18 AM

Reviews: 120
Re: RG520 project, wizard II neck, and Edge III don't fit.

With regards to the neck, no an MIK neck wont fit an MIJ body straight away, and vise-versa. It's not hard to do though. Glue some dowel in to the neck holes, and redrill them to match the body. Simple as that!

Tags
rg520 project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode