RG547 - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 02:22 PM

Re: RG547

Always good to hear happy endings

She's a real beauty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 03:12 AM

Great to hear that Mark

It was a pleasure sorting your guitar - just ask if you need anything else.....

NOTE FOR JEMSITERS :
I have had a couple of people in the last 6 months who collected their guitars and said it was FANTASTIC......... but then i hear back through Jemsite/friends etc etc that they're moaning at the action being a little too high/low etc........

A good guide is that there is no STANDARD Setup - its all personal taste.
A guitar can be put to what i'd call a base setting - but from there on in its about COMMUNICATION between you and your guitar tech. Its down to you to play the guitar and let your tech know what needs doing to make it "fit" you.
Mark spent some time with me letting me know what he liked/wanted and thats (as you can see from the above post) what he got.

This is applying to all guitar tech's - not just me!

Hope thats of help????

Regards

Max
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 03:36 AM

Lovely guitar!
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 01:53 PM

keep it! its beautiful, original edge, very natural and with i think a gold knobs and black and creme pickups that would so sweet
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 02:37 PM

Damn! That thing is sexy. Needs gold pickup rings to match the rest of the hardware.
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 02:54 AM

still if u would like to sell it:P give me a yell looks one sweet axe if it sounds as good as it looks u wouldnt think of getting ride of it
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:10 PM

I would def NOT sell that guitar. It has the Original Edge.....best is the bizzz
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 02:38 PM

Hi guys, second post here and what a great place it is!

I stumbled across this thread when I googled Ibanez RG547. I to have one which I haven't palyed for a No. of years and pretty much abused when I was a gigging teen! I want to get it on the road again but there are several parts that I need as they're worn out through stupidly over-tightening. I was hoping some people could give me the proper names of the parts I need so I can look for the right bits. The parts I need are:
1) The screws at the locking nut which hold the pads down.
2) The screws at the bridge which you loosen to release the string (part of the locking mechanism?)
3) The screws at the back which go into the body and hold the springs in place, you tighten/loosen them to accomodate heavier/lighter strings. Oh yeah, if you guys can give me any good links from where to buy parts that'd be great, UK based Co.s would be handy but I don't expect many!
Also, some people mentioned that the "Edge" trem which the RG547 has is the best one, I'm intersted as to why? I'm not saying it isn't as I have used the Lo-Pro Edge and didn't like it as much, I figured I just wasn't used to it though...
Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me, sorry about all the questions. Apologies to Panholio as well for hijacking your thread!
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ressurect an old posting, but this is my first post and i have just come across this site whilst trying to find some info on my recent purchase.

Basically, i have just bought a guitar identical to the one pictured by the OP, the guy in the shop told me it was a RG570, but i am sceptical as i can't find any pics of it in old Ibanez cats.

The Trem on it is an edge (licenced floyd rose) type not a lo-pro and the serial comes up as being made in Japan 1995.

Having read this thread, i am now quite convinced i have an RG547. This is not a problem to me, as i really like it, tho i think it would benefit from a pro set-up. My interest really is, firstly if it is genuine and i have snagged a bargain as these seem quite rare, or secondly if i have paid over the odds for it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

How about a picture, or some details? Color, hardware color, hardware type?????

post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 03:31 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Alaskabat, I can post a pic, but as I said it is identical in every way to the pic at the start of the thread. Natural finish, gold coloured hardware, original edge trem. One thing I have noticed is the jack is recessed into the body and not flush mounted with some kind of scratch plate round it, don't know if this is significant? Serial on the back of the headstock is F513569, which leads me to believe it is a '95 model.
I'm just really trying to find out if it is what I think it is and not what the shop said, and if it is a RG547AH what it is worth. I believe they also made a root beer colour of this model, but the one I have is the natural ash and in very nice condition for age.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eksorsist View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Alaskabat, I can post a pic, but as I said it is identical in every way to the pic at the start of the thread. Natural finish, gold coloured hardware, original edge trem. One thing I have noticed is the jack is recessed into the body and not flush mounted with some kind of scratch plate round it, don't know if this is significant? Serial on the back of the headstock is F513569, which leads me to believe it is a '95 model.
I'm just really trying to find out if it is what I think it is and not what the shop said, and if it is a RG547AH what it is worth. I believe they also made a root beer colour of this model, but the one I have is the natural ash and in very nice condition for age.
Sounds like a 570 to me, they are much more common.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 07:36 PM

+1, I think it is an RG570.
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 12:06 AM

Reviews: 11

dont call me stupid please, but if the model number ends in 7 or starts in 7 (if it has 4 digits) mean its a 7 string? like rg(7)421 or rg152(7)? because without the 7's in there it would be an rg421 (exists as a 6 string, i think) or an rg1520 (exists as a 6 string)
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Ibanez's model numbering system has significantly changed several times over the years, so having a 7 in there doesn't mean anything.

the RG547 was a spot run gutar from the fall 1995 supplement with an ash body and gold hardware. There was also the RG505, 507 and 527 (which itelf had a reverse headstock and HSH combination)

They're around and out there. So if you come across an RG547 the ash body and gold hardware are the giveaway features.

Tags
cottam guitars , edge bridge , gold knobs , guitar tech , ibanez catalog , locking nut , pickup ring , pickup rings , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode