Ibanez JEM Forum banner

rg560 carotene

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  traumabill 
#1 ·
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory
Hey everyone , I just got this rg560 carotene , it plays great and sounds really good, from the research ive done I haven't been able to find any that have these green pick ups and the green trust rod cover , the neck single coil pickup seems to be stock tho , can anyone tell me anything more about this?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey everyone , I just got this rg560 carotene , it plays great and sounds really good
Don't see these much. Cool find.

from the research ive done I haven't been able to find any that have these green pick ups and the green trust rod cover
I doubt any of the green would be stock... or maybe it's green covers on stock hardware, difficult to tell from the pictures (either way, I'd ditch the bright green hardware and go back to black).

the neck single coil pickup seems to be stock tho
It isn't. Looks like a single-coil spaced humbucker. I've seen Seymour Duncan versions like that. It should have come with black Ibanez V1/S1/S1 (H/S/S) pickups.

can anyone tell me anything more about this?
Check your S/N. If it matches the catalog info, Carotene Orange was only available in 1988, so it should start with an "8" for '88 (I think). Though that's not a hard/fast rule, either. I have an Emerald Green 570 with a 1991 S/N (EG was supposedly only available in 1992, but I confess mine has a later '91 S/N).

Thanks for sharin'.

#3 ·
Thank you that helps , I happened to find this used at guitar center , I had research and thought it was the rg560 carotene from my research the carotene's were made in 1987 and sold in 1988 and from the serial number it says it was made in 1987 which lines up . The green pick ups sound amazingly good , and I don't plan to swap them out , the neck pick up is decent but very very low output . This is my first Ibanez actually and I love it so much , it was so unique looking I couldn't pass it up and im glad I didn't .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.